carribean cruising

sannibop

<P>Hi cruisers 3 questions I could do with some advice on ,I want to book for my family 3 kids 16 10 9 hubby and myself to go on a carribean cruise over christmas 2009 </P>

<P>1. who is the best to go with(which ship)</P>

<P>2. who is the cheapest to book with</P>

<P>3. would I need to book 2 rooms.</P>

<P> </P>

<P>we will be travelling from scotland.</P>

<P> </P>

<P>I was on oceana in april past just my husband and I, the kids would really like to go on a cruise so we think that this would be a good time.</P>

<P> </P>

<P>many thanks in advance for any help and advice that you could offer.</P>

<P> </P>

<P>sannibop</P>

<P> </P>

<P> </P>

<P>Hi cruisers 3 questions I could do with some advice on ,I want to book for my family 3 kids 16 10 9 hubby and myself to go on a carribean cruise over christmas 2009 </P>

<P>1. who is the best to go with(which ship)</P>

<P>2. who is the cheapest to book with</P>

<P>3. would I need to book 2 rooms.</P>

<P> </P>

<P>we will be travelling from scotland.</P>

<P> </P>

<P>I was on oceana in april past just my husband and I, the kids would really like to go on a cruise so we think that this would be a good time.</P>

<P> </P>

<P>many thanks in advance for any help and advice that you could offer.</P>

<P> </P>

<P>sannibop</P>

<P> </P>

<P> </P>

Hello Sannibop, I will try to give you a bit of help if possible. I have only cruised with Royal Caribbean before but am using Princess for new york to Quebec in September and the Oceana (P&O) for the caribbean in March 09. We met a great family on The legend of seas (RCI) in march this year on our carribean trip, the boys were 15 and 13 respectfully and they had a ball. dont think it was cheap though and you on about going at xmas will probably be more expensive. The cheapest I know of I think are Ocean village (good itinaries) or Fred Olsen. For kids Carnival are alledgedly good but quite expensive. I think you will need 2 rooms for 5 people or possibly a suite may be cheaper. ask you travel agent. Try posting your questions on the Princess and royal caribbean boards to get a wider response as this board is quite quiet. Hope I have been of some help:) :)

Hi, we also have only cruised with Royal Caribbean in the Caribbean, with two kids 13 and 12. Their kids and teens clubs are just fabulous, ours are desperate to go back, they break the age groups down well so that the older ones are not with the younger ones, which might be important for your 16yr old.

RCI are of course also very experienced in the Caribbean and may offer a good selection of itineries, but as regards price I think that will depend on getting a good deal with whoever you go with. Christmas is bound to be more expensive

I think you may need two rooms - we had just one family room and although it was big enough, there wasn't much room to spare. As Etherly says it might be cheaper to get a suite

If you are travelling from Scotland it will depend on where you are embarking, whether you can get a direct flight from a local airport. We embarked in Galveston, but could only get a flight to Houston from Heathrow, which was a pain as we live in the east midlands.

I hope you get sorted soon, I'm very jealous :)

If you want your kids to love you forever, book a cruise on RCCL Freedom or Liberty of the Seas in the Caribbean. The ship has all the amenities for a wide range of ages and itineraries are great.:)

Sannibop

I took my family to Caribbean last Christmas on P & O Oriana round trip from Southampton. My kids are older than yours being young adults. I have booked again for 2008 on Aurora and also on Arcadia for 2009. In my humble opinion there is no better way to spend Christmas. P & O have clubs that will take care of all of the energy of your three and leave you and husband free to have a great time. Kids clubs sound really naff but I am assured by those who know (teenagers on board) that there is plenty to occupy them and there are a number of other kids on board without it being over-run with them. Play whist whilst you are on board and you will meet some really nice people. Any other questions, ask

Jim

Archived