Sterling Steakhouse - cover charge clarification please

dianaj1108

Hi everyone. I need some clarification please. I'll be on the Dawn Princess soon and was speaking with another cruiser when I mentioned I wanted to make reservations for the Sterling Steakhouse. The other party advised me that he had been on this cruise before and that in addition to the cover charge, the cost of the meal is charged to your room :eek: . Is that correct? :confused:

I've been doing my homework here on cruise critic and my impression was that there would be a small cover charge for the meal, but not a cost for the actual meal. Who's right?

Thanks

Diana

Hi everyone. I need some clarification please. I'll be on the Dawn Princess soon and was speaking with another cruiser when I mentioned I wanted to make reservations for the Sterling Steakhouse. The other party advised me that he had been on this cruise before and that in addition to the cover charge, the cost of the meal is charged to your room :eek: . Is that correct? :confused:

I've been doing my homework here on cruise critic and my impression was that there would be a small cover charge for the meal, but not a cost for the actual meal. Who's right?

Thanks

Diana

The cover charge for Sterlings is $15 per person (on our last cruise and for many before that, and I don't think it has gone up since). That covers the meal and is both the cover charge and the cost for the meal, there is nothing extra charged to your sail and sign card, just the $15 per person.

The cover charge for Sterlings is $15 per person (on our last cruise and for many before that, and I don't think it has gone up since). That covers the meal and is both the cover charge and the cost for the meal, there is nothing extra charged to your sail and sign card, just the $15 per person.

plus any wine:D

We had a very bad experience in Sterlings on Sea Princess in April. Still had to pay the surcharge but we did get another meal in Sterlings a few days later which was without charge and, as we got personal service from the Assistant Maitre D', was infinitely better than the original meal. Almost made our original meal seem worthwhile:D

plus any wine:D

We had a very bad experience in Sterlings on Sea Princess in April. Still had to pay the surcharge but we did get another meal in Sterlings a few days later which was without charge and, as we got personal service from the Assistant Maitre D', was infinitely better than the original meal. Almost made our original meal seem worthwhile:D

I think we have dined at Sterling at least once, and sometimes several times (depending on the length of the cruise), on each ship we have sailed on. And I have to admit, we haven't had one bad meal or any bad service whatsoever. Well, there was that one time the lights went out on the Sea princess all over the ship for 30 minutes just as we were ordering, but I can't blame Sterlings for that one. :)

Maybe we have just been very lucky, or are just easy to please, but we honestly have always had very good luck with the food served and the service provided at Sterlings.

I think we have dined at Sterling at least once, and sometimes several times (depending on the length of the cruise), on each ship we have sailed on. And I have to admit, we haven't had one bad meal or any bad service whatsoever. Well, there was that one time the lights went out on the Sea princess all over the ship for 30 minutes just as we were ordering, but I can't blame Sterlings for that one. :)

Maybe we have just been very lucky, or are just easy to please, but we honestly have always had very good luck with the food served and the service provided at Sterlings.

Ditto. And Ditto with Sabatini's also.

GERTZ

Next Tahitian 9/18 Vancouver to Honolulu

Coral 4/12 FLL to LA

Island 9/17/09 Alaska 4 time & w/grandson

We have eaten at Sterlings on Golden and had no problem whatsoever. However it was a different story on Sea and, in fact, led us to make our first ever complaint about the service we had received. The Assistant Maitre D' handled it perfectly and we would have no hesitation in using Sterlings again. However, our next cruise is on Ruby, where we will be trying the Crowne Grill - looking forward to that:D

We ate at Sterlings aboard Dawn Princess on 06-05-08, the last day of our 10-day cruise to Alaska from SFO. It was a great meal! $15pp. Of course, bottled mineral water, wine and after dinner drink was extra. The food was excellent, service the best we had.

If I had known how wonderful it was, I would have gone at least once more during this cruise.

If you go, ask for Victor and tell him that Alina and America from Miami say hello! He is a terrific waiter and never forgets a thing!

Go for it and enjoy!!!!

AlinaMaria

We were on the Dawn recently and also had dinner in the Sterling Steakhouse. We had a lovely evening and Errol was our waiter. He was very personable and funny and made the experience a special one. What surprised me was finding out that the Sterling is really the starboard side of the Horizon Court. They completely block it off from the other side so there is no noise crossover and the setting even has a different feel to it. It is "dressed-up" for the evening. We felt the $15 pp cover charge was a small fee for the experience we had. And we would definitely do it again!

Archived