Airport nearest Cruise port

NancyChgo

Hi thanks for the always appreciated info!

If leaving out of Manhattan port, which airport is closest? (LGA, JFK, EWR)

What the heck, I may as well as, which airport is closest to Brooklyn port?

Thanks!

As the crow flies LGA is closest to both ports, but timewise it's a toss up. The three airports are close enough that if you are choosing one based on proximity, it isn't worth it. Check out where you would get the best deal.

FWIW, Newark is the easiest to get to Manhattan by public transportation.

As the crow flies LGA is closest to both ports, but timewise it's a toss up. The three airports are close enough that if you are choosing one based on proximity, it isn't worth it. Check out where you would get the best deal.

FWIW, Newark is the easiest to get to Manhattan by public transportation.

Since I consider Taxi's public transport I disagree the most expensive by Taxi is EWR to either Manhattan or the Red Hook cruise terminal. LGA is closest in time both to Manhattan and red Hook by taxi/car service and cheapest as well. With luggage most people use either the cruise lines bus or taxi/car service or shared mini van directly to the port. Anything else with luggage is a drag.

EWR to Manhattan by train at least two changes(a change from the Airtrain to amtrak to penn station and then a cab to either port- or a bus to Manhattan port autrhority and then a cab- with two people you really don't save that much over a car service) see for example what http://www.carmellimo.com about $60.00 to the cruise terminal

LGA to Manhattan about $35.00 per cab LGA to Red Hook about $30.00

JFK to Manhattan cruise terminal is fixed at $45.00 plus toll and tip(about $60.00) JFK to Red Hook also about the same $60.00 although it isn't fixed - a car service tends to be slightly less(no tolls to red hook for either a cab or car service from either LGA or JFK)

• 2 weeks later...

Can you buy the cruiseship bus (NCL) to the port when you get to any of these three airports or must you find your own taxi/transportation on your own? Just curious because I am looking at the cruise Nancy is taking very seriously. Now, just need to convince or bribe my husband to get away on my own again! Same would go from ship to airport in New Orleans.

Archived