Renaissance Riverview Mobile

adamsommer

Anyone stay here recently? Post 55 million renovation? Is it fairly nice?

Also, I heard the train niose is bad on one side of the Renaissance Riverview Mobile? Which side is that? Anyone else have that problem?

Thanks!

Also, I heard the train niose is bad on one side of the Renaissance Riverview Mobile? Which side is that? Anyone else have that problem?

Thanks!

The hotel is very nicely updated and my company uses it for business travelers who come here. The train tracks are on the East side of the hotel. I would request a high floor and a view of the Cruise Terminal (south side) since you should be able to see it from the higher floors. I don't think the noise would be a great problem. The convention center which is across the street on the east side was built around the tracks so that the trains pass through the bottom of the building.

Thanks!

That would be the east side facing the convention center. The city is working on upgrading the crossings so that the trains will not blow their horns while in downtown. They are working with CSX on that issue. And as Mysticks said the train actually passes under the convention center through a tunnel as it goes by the hotel so that probably cuts down on alot of the noise. You don't want to be trying to sleep in the convention center when a train goes under it though. :)

Archived