Where is Olympic Voyager?

We sailed on her in October 2000....her maiden year and our maiden cruise. She was the fastest ship in the world at the time. At times, she was clipping along at 32 knots. We did the 7 day three continent tour. No other ship afloat was able to do this itinerary in that amount of time. I know some cruise company bought her when Royal Olympic went under but I don't know who. Does anyone have any information on her.

Thanks,

Frank

Frank, last I knew she was sailing as a University at Sea ScholarShip. She was featured on the Travel Channel when she took huge seas and was damaged off Alaska. I saw her call on Fort Lauderdale recently. It is a shame because she was a beautiful, fast ship. I did a TranAtlantic on her from here to Genova, Italy. She only took three days to cross from Barbados to Madeira. Amazing!

Good job, Frank. My mistake, it is Explorer serving as a ScholarShip. It was a sad day when Royal Olympic went into bankruptcy. Both ships sat at anchor, impounded for almost a year. It is good to see both of these wonderful ships sailing again!

Archived