Comfort Inn and Suites at Stewart Beach

We stayed there in March for our Voyager cruise. Although our experience wasn't great, it wasn't horrible either. The property is aging a bit and they don't appear to be putting any extra effort into maintenance - just the basics. The three rooms we booked were clean, but the cable in our room didn't work. Staff said they would check on it, but they never did. I finally figure out the connection at the outlet was not secure, so worked fine after I secured it. Also, the front desk staff did not seem to know much about the area when we asked about certain restaurants. The beach is right across the road - great for morning walks.

IMHO, I would probably look around for another property. While this property was just ok, I think I will try someplace else if we cruise from Galveston again. I don't know the area that well, but it appears that some of the newer properties at the other end of Seawall seem to get better Trip Advisor reviews - I would try one of these if I couldn't get into the Galvez or Harbor House for a reasonable rate.

Hope this helps

I just booked this hotel to for March so appreciate the question and the answer!

I'm not thrilled with the reports either but can reserve this without a deposit and look for something else. Many, many hotels show no rooms available for the one night I need - 3/21. Big time spring break season.

Archived