How long to get to Atlantis?

vtroper

My wife and I are sailing on the Norwegian Sky which is scheduled to dock in Nassau at 8:00 AM. We are interested in doing the Deep Water Dolphin excursion at Atlantis and I was wondering what the earliest time we should book.

In other words, for those of you that have expierenced the Nassau stop before, is it realistic to be getting off the boat right at or shortly after 8:00 and how long should I allow to get over to Atlantis either by taxi or the boat.

Any other tips about how to get there or anything known about the Deep Water Dolphin thing would be great as well.

Thanks for your help...

We just back and we did the Dolphin Encounter swim at Blue Lagoon Island. It was wonderful and we were in the water with the dolphins most of the time. It is limited to 10 people at a time with 2 dolphins. It was cheaper than the dolphin swim at Atlantis. Ours was $165/pp which includes the ferry to Blue Lagoon Island and all the activities related to the swim. Our swim was scheduled for 10:30 am. You get into Nassau at 8am, but you have to wait for customs to clear the ship before you can disembark. We got in early and were able to get off at 7:45 am, but the last time, we arrived after another ship and therefore had to wait on customs. I personally wouldnt schedule anything before 10am because you have to take either a water ferry over to Atlantis or grab a cab. Cab is $4.00 and I think ferry was $6/pp.

Archived