Balcony Cabin for NewEngland/Canada

ladyjane550

Is it worth the extra $$ for a balcony cabin on the Golden Princess for a late Sept. 2005 cruise to the New England/Canada area? I have alway had a balcony for the caribbean cruises and wonder if I would use the balcony when is will be cold outside.
Thanks.

We've done Canada/New England twice, and weather is always a crapshoot, my opinion.

First time, 10-92, a balcony would have been fine, as we had very good weather, and the colors were brilliant, having just turned.

Second time, 9-97, a balcony would have not been welcome - a very cool and sometimes rainy trip, with just so-so colors.

We took the Boston to Bar Harbor to Halifax....Montreal in mid Sept. We were only able to really enjoy the balcony a couple of times as it was rainy and cold - probably as result of hurricanes at that time. We did go out as we were entering ports and on a couple of afternoons - but too wet most of the time.

Late September can still be fine, once you reach mid October it's not necessary to have a balcony. Of course, if the price is not much higher than an outside you might still consider it. I would choose an outside cabin which allows me to get outdoors fast and hope for an upgrade.

Archived