Have menus changed fleet wide?

When we booked our Splendour cruise last November I got menus from CC posters. They looked fantastic - I printed them off and started planning what I wanted to eat each night (sad or what?!!!). A recent poster now says the food is "boring, boring, boring". Have the new menus now come in and are they boring? The old ones looked great with plenty of choices.

Anyone got copies of the new menus, please?:confused:

Don't have copies of any new menus, but I don't think there have been major changes from what was around last November. For example, I think you can still depend on the Vidalia onion tart, and prime rib on day 1. Individual ships sometimes tweak the menu a bit but I haven't seen any evidence of big changes - you won't go hungry!

This thread should answer some of your questions; we were just on the Mariner Eastern cruise and Albert's menus seemed to be pretty accurate in terms of items although there was a different fish from the trout on night 2 (DH says either halibut or sea bass).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=791943

However, his menu 6 was our 4, his 5 was our 6, and his menu 4 was probably 7 (we weren't in the dining room that night but that was the special soup in Portofino). We ate in Windjammer on our night 5; not sure which menu was in the DR that night. So it might be a little difficult if you want to plan Chops or Portofino.

I have links in my signature to the new menus. Yes some things did not change from the previous menu, but there were several new options. I couldn't remember which night was which so just labeled them A, B, C, etc. We were very pleased with the selections and the variety. We found the selection and the quality better than on other cruises in the last few years.

Archived