book airfare with cruise line or seperate

carmal

Can anyone tell me their experience with booking your airfare with the cruise line. Right now its cheaper than if I book it on my own but I hear you dont know your flights until 21 days before you leave. It can also have multiple connections. Im concerned if we can even get 4 seats together. Im leaning toward booking it on my own for much more money, nonstop & go the day before. If so, the ship returns to dock at Miami at 8am. What time should I book my flight home for, how long is disembarkment? I was told the closer it gets to cruise time the fares for the airfare go up if I were to book it with the cruise line. With the prices I am confused how & when to book the airfare.

Can anyone tell me their experience with booking your airfare with the cruise line. Right now its cheaper than if I book it on my own but I hear you dont know your flights until 21 days before you leave. It can also have multiple connections. Im concerned if we can even get 4 seats together. Im leaning toward booking it on my own for much more money, nonstop & go the day before. If so, the ship returns to dock at Miami at 8am. What time should I book my flight home for, how long is disembarkment? I was told the closer it gets to cruise time the fares for the airfare go up if I were to book it with the cruise line. With the prices I am confused how & when to book the airfare.

You can always book cruise air now and if you find something cheaper just cancel the air portion of your reservation. Or you can pay deviation($50-75pp) and pick your flights.

When is your cruise?

Airlines are constantly changing schedules so what available today might not even exist in 6 months. Or for that matter the airline might not even exist.

I always book my own flights when flying domestically (including San Juan). But when I cruise in Europe, I'll probably let the airlines handle everything because I'm not familiar with the territory. Whatever you do, make sure you get insurance coverage for all contingencies.

We have always been advised to book the airfare with the cruiseline when you book the cruise. That way you are locked in at that price and you can shop for a better deal up until final payment. I know that sometimes the air with the cruiseline will sell out for a popular city so waiting my not always be a good idea. We have always had good luck with cruise air and have never had more than one stop. That may no longer be the case with so many airlines cancelling routes. We also have always been able to select our own seats directly with the airline so that should not be a problem. If you are eligible for free custom air that is really nice. I have no idea when and where you are cruising but for our upcoming cruise so far I cannot beat the cruise air price. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.:)

When we did our cruise in January we booked seperate from the cruise but we used air miles and flew in the day before and stayed 1 day after. No issues. thier.

Our friends that came with us took cruise air and actually flew in the day before and carnival put them iup in a hotel.

This time around i think we will use cruise air because flying from canada to miami we are almost guaranteed to fly in the night before.

Right now for us at least no one can touch the cruise air but carnival has a lot more buying power then we do i would think

Are you doing Carnival's Best Fare Air program or Carnival Air & Sea program?

Two different programs, very few people aware of them.

Best Fare Air: Let's you choose the specific flights you want, at at the current lowest rate. You pay for the flights at the time you book them. Advantages: Select specific flights, no deviation fees, you can fly one or more days before the cruise at no additional fees.

Air & Sea: Pre-negotiated rate with the airlines. Carnival will select the flights for you. A deviation fee applies if you wish to pick specific flights, or if you wish to fly one or more days in advance. Advantages: You don't pay for your flights until the cruise's final payment date. During high season (Christmas, New Year's, Thanksgiving) it could provide substantial savings, although it might be more expensive during low season.

Are you doing Carnival's Best Fare Air program or Carnival Air & Sea program?

Two different programs, very few people aware of them.

Best Fare Air: Let's you choose the specific flights you want, at at the current lowest rate. You pay for the flights at the time you book them. Advantages: Select specific flights, no deviation fees, you can fly one or more days before the cruise at no additional fees.

Air & Sea: Pre-negotiated rate with the airlines. Carnival will select the flights for you. A deviation fee applies if you wish to pick specific flights, or if you wish to fly one or more days in advance. Advantages: You don't pay for your flights until the cruise's final payment date. During high season (Christmas, New Year's, Thanksgiving) it could provide substantial savings, although it might be more expensive during low season.

We booked hotel with CCL for the night before and they waived the deviation fee.

We book separately because we fly Southwest and right now they are the only airline with reasonable fairs. Our price for 2 was the same Carnival was going to charge us for one. If they are an option in your area, try them. They are not charging for baggage.

i think Carnival and American Airlines have some sort of agreement, like i help you if you help me. Last time we paid 389 roundtrip YYZ to MIAMI direct flight on American. Noone else could touch that.

we get air canada from Calgay to Florida, Usally Via Toronto Go figure right :)

although i did notice Continental has some flights Via Dallas Fort worth that are a nice price as well.

We have always gone with Carnival air fair. We even booked it with this cruise we are going on in September, but when we changed from the PVP to our TA, she got us a much better deal. In fact it was $400.00 p/p less. Of course now it is probably different, but we received a very good deal in February.

I booked my cruise through Travelocity. Valor Eastern Caribbean March 22. If I book my airfare through the cruise, do I pay now or later when final payment is due? Im a first time so I dont know all the terms. I can pay a deviation fee & pick my own flight? Whats fee custom air? Do I do all this with Travelocity or directly with Carnival. I knew of the Air & Sea but didnt know about Best Fare Air. Whats the best route?

We book separately because we fly Southwest and right now they are the only airline with reasonable fairs. Our price for 2 was the same Carnival was going to charge us for one. If they are an option in your area, try them. They are not charging for baggage.

Southwest just never seems to work for us. I just plugged in my dates and the prices are more than double what I paid on another airline and there are 2 or 3 stops on each flight.

The luggage part doesn't matter to me, since I take a carryon only.

Southwest just never seems to work for us. I just plugged in my dates and the prices are more than double what I paid on another airline and there are 2 or 3 stops on each flight.

The luggage part doesn't matter to me, since I take a carryon only.

With SW you have to book early those to get the low fares. Since they only schedule about 6 months out the window closes fast.

I am looking for flights to Tampa right now for March, but Southwest and Jetblue flights for March are not out yet. So far i found DELTA 190 return Buf to tampa. Cruise air is 489.

book flights on your own somuch more cheaper> Last year I booked with them for our honey mon just to ket it dont the flights alone from NH toMiami were over 500 this year we are going Aug 23 got them for $210/pp.

Takes searching but can get cheaper

Archived