HAL - with a 22 month and 4 YO ?

sunflower girl

We are planning a cruise with friends in January 2009. We have a 4 YO DDand their son will be 22 months.

We have lived in Bradenton FL for about a year and would like a 7 day out of Tampa, since it is only a 45 min drive from us. This leaves Carnival and HAL. Our friends have cruised Carinival twice (gave them a shot and a second chance) and would prefer to never cruise with Carnival again.

I have cruised with Carnival and loved it but I can also understand my friends point of view.

Has anyone cruised with HAL with young children? How was the experience? Or should we brave the 3 hr drive to the East Coast and go with NCL or RCI?

thanks!

We have done HAL twice with our daughter; once at 5 months, once at 11 months. We had a great experience on both occasions which is why we booked them again for Feb 09. Being HAL, there were a lot of grandparents on-board and we got stopped all the time by people wanting to see the baby. The crew were also very accommodating and we heard lots of stories about their families and small children back home. We got a regular balcony room the first time and found it a bit too cramped with the pack n' play and baby gear taking up all available space. We went for a suite the next time and had much more room for all the gear. Both of these cruises with our daughter were on Vista class ships and we had no problem at all getting around with a stroller.

You mention NCL and RCI as other options. We have been on both before our daughter was born and I can't see us doing either one of them again at this point.

Brent

Archived