Need help with Single cabin QM2 ?

Martita B.

I'm thinking of sailing back from Europe on the QM2 instead of flying back next April(after a Seabourn TA Crossing) This will be my 1st time aboard and I have no idea as to a single stateroom! I don't want an expensive cabin.....steerage will be quite fine for me.

Any suggestions as to an inexpensive, convenient single with a small window?

Thanking you in advance!

Martita B.

The QM2 does not have single cabins. Your least expensive is of course an inside (D2-8).

For a window you will have to book a standard oceanview (C1-4) and hopefully you might be upgraded - which would probably be a premium balcony (sheltered balcony).

Typically, the B5 obstructed balconies sell for the same price as the oceanview cabins. The ov's are located all the way foward on the ship.

B5's are spread out pretty much the entire length of Deck 8.

Wow...... you will be amazed at the size of this ship!!!! Quite different from the Yachts of Seabourn!

A thousand "thank you's" for suggestions! Yes, I'm afraid I'll need to carry a basket of bread crumbs akin to Gretel to find my way a'round the big Queen Mary after sailing on the 'lit wee Sisters of Seabourn for many years.

I realize there are no "single" staterooms but I thought I would inquire as to a comfortable, inexpensive cabin on the lower decks.

I'll check out the C 1-4 ~~maybe I can secure one close to an elevator!

Thanks again!

Happy Sailing:p

Martita B.

I'm thinking of sailing back from Europe on the QM2 instead of flying back next April(after a Seabourn TA Crossing) This will be my 1st time aboard and I have no idea as to a single stateroom! I don't want an expensive cabin.....steerage will be quite fine for me.

Any suggestions as to an inexpensive, convenient single with a small window?

Thanking you in advance!

Martita B.

Martita,

Returning from Europe on the QM2 certainly sounds fun to me.

The main difference between cabin catagories on the QM2 is the location. There are not many oceanview cabins on the QM2 and most of them are located at the front of the ship. There are a couple at the back on Deck 5. As Babette has suggested, an obstructed view or sheltered balcony can often be booked for about the same price as an oceanview. Many people like the sheltered balconies on the transatlantic crossings because it gives one some protection from the wind. The sheltered balconies are located on Decks 4, 5, and 6. By booking the sheltered balcony, you would have your view of the ocean and you could also step outside for a breath of fresh air if you wish. If the window or ocean view is not that important to you, you might consider an inside cabin. The inside cabins on Decks 10 and 11 are very nice.

Good luck with your decision.

Beth

Archived