Good Italian Restaurant in New York

benvan2

I would try Becco-they have a great fix price menu and if you go off peak, you can probably get in (off peak there is actually 7:30-10 because most people go there pre-theatre) they are in restaurant row in the theatre district

Also, If you want to travel down town a bit the food at Gonzo is amazing-very tradition (like in Italy traditional, not all red sauce traditional) they are at 140 west 13th street in a really fun area

I Trulli is some of the best upscale italian in the city (IMO) specializing in food from Puglia-on 27th street

If you do brave the crowds in little Italy the only place I would really recomend is La Mela on Mulberry street, but little Italy is VERY CROWDED!!!

Have fun!

Yep, the one and only Capucine's. Still fantastic too. It's the "secret" of the Gramercy area. Practically nothing else is still there anymore, you probably wouldn't recognize the area now.

Hi Name Game :)

Are Sal Anthony's and Paul and Jimmy's still there? We use to enjoy their Itallian food, as well, when we lived in the area.

Sal Anthony's (the restaurant) moved to First Avenue in the East Village. I actually thought it closed for good but it just moved. The yoga studio is still on Irving.

Paul and Jimmy's is still there and still going strong!

Sal Anthony's (the restaurant) moved to First Avenue in the East Village. I actually thought it closed for good but it just moved. The yoga studio is still on Irving.

Paul and Jimmy's is still there and still going strong!

Hi Name game :)

Thanks for letting me know. I told me husband that the next time we are in the city we have to eat dinner at either Paul and Jimmy's or Capucini's for old time sake.

One of the things we loved about living in the Grammercy Area was that it had much more of a neighborhood feel to it than most of Manhattan.

When I was single I lived on the upper east side but moved to the Grammercy Area when we got married because it was within walking distance of my husband's lab. However, it didn't take me long to like that part of the city better than the upper east side.

I also love the Gramercy area. It really does have a neighborhood feel, especially when you have a dog (which I do).

If I had to choose between Paul and Jimmy's and Cappucine's, I would probably do Paul and Jimmy's, and then over to Pete's Tavern for an after dinner cocktail.

Archived