Places not the be missed on Mercury 11 day Mexico Cruise 411

crishsapig

Please give me your feedback on things to do and places to see on this 11 day cruise. We are looking for not to miss kinds of things. The stuff that you all say made the cruise for you! Don't know if we can take that much excitement but we'll give it a shot We are a group of 4, we are 41 and in great health and our sons are 21 and 11 and looking for some adventure! Hoping to find maybe some things off the beaten path ANY info would be so much appreciated! Here is the itinerary:

DAY 1: San Francisco/Departure

DAY 2: Monterrey, CA

Day 3: Catalina Island, CA

Day 4: AT SEA

Day 5: AT SEA

Day 6: Mazatlan

Day 7: Manzanillo

Day 8: Puerto Vallarta

Day 9: Cabo San Lucas

Day 10: AT SEA

DAY 11: AT SEA

DAY 12: SAN FRANCISCO/Arrive

Thanks! ~Christine

Celebrity Mercury October 19, 2003

March 13, 2004 on the Mercury

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;3;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

October 17, 2004 on the Mercury

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;10;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Christine,

I can only address Monterey. The aquarium is fantastic, the best I've ever seen. Parts of it were actually filmed in one of the Star Trek movies (the one about humpback whales.) I understand from other posts on the boards that the aquarium is within walking distance of the tender drop off point. Tickets are MUCH cheaper direct from the aquarium, and they do have a web site which will give you info on the aquarium and ticket ordering. I've been to Catalina once on a cruise about 15 years ago. The whole day at Catalina was taken up with a snorkeling trip so I didn't get to see much of the island. If you've snorkled in tropical seas, don't go at Catalina. There's no comparison, plus you need to use a wet suit because the water is cold. What's the date of your Mercury cruise? We will be on the Oct. 13 cruise!

High Seas Gal

Northern California

NCL Sky Jun. 2000 (ALASKA)

NCL Sky Aug. 2001 (ALASKA)

Princess Regal Princess Jul. 2002 (ALASKA)

NCL Sun Sep. 2003 (ALASKA)

Celebrity Mercury Oct. 2004 (Mexico)

Thanks for starting this Christine! Since I'll be on this cruise too. I'm not concerned with the California stops as I've been to Monterey many times and the aquarium is the best. I'll probably stroll through Cannery Row and the wharf. I was in Catalina last October for a jazz festival. Saw most of the town then so I want to venture deeper into the island on our cruise, visit Wrigley's house and who knows. The rest of the ports are open as I've never been there. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

Rosie

I'm interested in this topic also. We are booked 1/8/05 on Mercury to Mex. Riv out of San Diego. We have been to Acapulco before...never to any of the other places....feedback will be greatly appreciated!

We're on the 11/26 out of SD too. I have gathered a lot of info from other boards on these ports. There are a LOT of great things to do in all these ports depending on your own personal interests.

Go to the Ports of Call boards & read on the Mexican Riviera board.

Rosie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Thanks so much! Yes! We are on the 10/13 cruise also. OMG! I could not beleive our luck to have our 7 day changed to am 11 day at no additional cost. These 6 months are going to go so SLOW! ~Christine

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by high seas gal:

Christine,

I can only address Monterey. The aquarium is fantastic, the best I've ever seen. Parts of it were actually filmed in one of the Star Trek movies (the one about humpback whales.) I understand from other posts on the boards that the aquarium is within walking distance of the tender drop off point. Tickets are MUCH cheaper direct from the aquarium, and they do have a web site which will give you info on the aquarium and ticket ordering. I've been to Catalina once on a cruise about 15 years ago. The whole day at Catalina was taken up with a snorkeling trip so I didn't get to see much of the island. If you've snorkled in tropical seas, don't go at Catalina. There's no comparison, plus you need to use a wet suit because the water is cold. What's the date of your Mercury cruise? We will be on the Oct. 13 cruise!

High Seas Gal

Northern California

NCL Sky Jun. 2000 (ALASKA)

NCL Sky Aug. 2001 (ALASKA)

Princess Regal Princess Jul. 2002 (ALASKA)

NCL Sun Sep. 2003 (ALASKA)

Celebrity Mercury Oct. 2004 (Mexico)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;3;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;10;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Hi Chris. Congrats on the change of days for your cruise. What a great deal.

Karen & Paul

8_3_23.gif

Galaxy B2B 10/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;16;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Mercury 03/04

Radiance 01/04

Summit 09/03, Infinity B2B Hawaii 03/03,Infinity 10/02,

Maasdam 07/02, Sun Princess 03/02,Maasdam 11/01,Statendam 07/01,Dolphin 1990?

Hi Karen! I know! I was and still am in shock! Now I have figured out pretty much every port except Manzanillo. Have you and Paul booked anything since the last one? icon_smile.gif ~Chris

Hi, We did Mexican riv.in Oct. 2000 and one of the best times we had was in Mazatlan, we hooked up wih a trolley operator it is actually a bus it cost about 20$ for a thee hour tour that ended up being like Gilligans boat trip, about 5 hrs. of absolute fun we booked this as we got off the ship at the pier and everyone was from our ship. They took us on a sight seeing and shoping trip,no pressure to buy anything and free soda, beer or tequela at most of the stops and the last stop before being droped off at the ship is is Seinor Frogs, My wife is not a drinker but did have a Margarita at Mr. Frogs. We our doing the Mex Riv this Oct. and we will be doing this excursion again.

Eagle1

Archived