jitney question / Nassau

brown28

Hello, we will be in Nassau the first week of September and was wondering which Jitney will get us where...

We are going from Arawak Cay towards the Wyndham for the day pass thing.

Which bus runs this direction and how often does it pass by Arawak Cay headed towards Cable Beach and how long does it normally take to get to the Wyndham and/or Sheraton?

Thanks to all!

Hello, we will be in Nassau the first week of September and was wondering which Jitney will get us where...

We are going from Arawak Cay towards the Wyndham for the day pass thing.

Which bus runs this direction and how often does it pass by Arawak Cay headed towards Cable Beach and how long does it normally take to get to the Wyndham and/or Sheraton?

Thanks to all!

The #10 Jitney runs from downtown Nassau (on George St.) Going west past the British Colonial Hilton, past Fort Charlotte and the road leading to Ardastra Zoo and Botanical Gardens on the left, and Lighthouse Beach on the right. It continues on to Arawak Cay on the right and on Cable Beach (past Breezes and on to the Wyhndam/Sheraton Complex. It goes down just a bit further then turns around.

MANY buses follow this route, and they go by ever 3-4 minutes from 6am - 6:30pm (sunday they run with 10-12 minute intervals)

The cost is $1 pp (although they are currently trying to negotiate for a higher fare due to gas, so anything extra would be helpful).

You tell the driver when you get on where you are heading, and say "bus stop" when you see your stop. (they will usually remember to stop, and it will be obvious where you are). You pay as you leave the jitney. Exact amount, as they don't give change.

SO. if you are heading to Cable Beach from arawak Cay, you need to catch the jitney across the street just up from the fruit stand (there a sheltered bus stop) heading west.

To return to the ship, flag down the jitney in front of the hotel and head back to town.

• 2 weeks later...
The #10 Jitney runs from downtown Nassau (on George St.) Going west past the British Colonial Hilton, past Fort Charlotte and the road leading to Ardastra Zoo and Botanical Gardens on the left, and Lighthouse Beach on the right. It continues on to Arawak Cay on the right and on Cable Beach (past Breezes and on to the Wyhndam/Sheraton Complex. It goes down just a bit further then turns around.

MANY buses follow this route, and they go by ever 3-4 minutes from 6am - 6:30pm (sunday they run with 10-12 minute intervals)

The cost is $1 pp (although they are currently trying to negotiate for a higher fare due to gas, so anything extra would be helpful).

You tell the driver when you get on where you are heading, and say "bus stop" when you see your stop. (they will usually remember to stop, and it will be obvious where you are). You pay as you leave the jitney. Exact amount, as they don't give change.

SO. if you are heading to Cable Beach from arawak Cay, you need to catch the jitney across the street just up from the fruit stand (there a sheltered bus stop) heading west.

To return to the ship, flag down the jitney in front of the hotel and head back to town.

ScubaGirl..got a question!

I saw there was a Zoo called the Ardastra Zoo on the way to the Wyndham. I am sorta a zoo freak and was wondering if it would be worth the stop (we want to go to the Wyndham/Sheraton for the day) to see and can I catch the #10 Jirney from there to the Wyndham when were through?

Also, about how long should I plan for the ride back from the Wyndham to the port?

ScubaGirl..got a question!

I saw there was a Zoo called the Ardastra Zoo on the way to the Wyndham. I am sorta a zoo freak and was wondering if it would be worth the stop (we want to go to the Wyndham/Sheraton for the day) to see and can I catch the #10 Jirney from there to the Wyndham when were through?

Also, about how long should I plan for the ride back from the Wyndham to the port?

Ardastra Zoo is very small and quaint.. www.ardastra.com

Peacocks and flamingos roam freely as does a pot bellied pig. It's a little corny, but nice for a hot summer afternoon in the shade.

There's a flamigo show and lorry parrot feeding.

The Jitney takes about 10-12 minutes (15 in traffic).. and picks up every couple of minutes during the week... and every 10 minutes or so on the weekends. There are MANY #10 buses.. so they come and go quicklyl.

Enjoy your trip.

Ardastra Zoo is very small and quaint.. www.ardastra.com

Peacocks and flamingos roam freely as does a pot bellied pig. It's a little corny, but nice for a hot summer afternoon in the shade.

There's a flamigo show and lorry parrot feeding.

The Jitney takes about 10-12 minutes (15 in traffic).. and picks up every couple of minutes during the week... and every 10 minutes or so on the weekends. There are MANY #10 buses.. so they come and go quicklyl.

Enjoy your trip.

Great! So I could catch the #10 Jitney from the port, get off at the zoo and catch the same Jitney to go to the Wyndham? Is it $1 each time you get off and on?

Archived