Pride of America - thoughts on cabin?

ChuckinSC

My wife and I are planning Hawaii next May on the Pride of America. We'll be getting a stateroom with balcony. Could those of you who have been aboard recommend one deck over another - even a cabin number? How about any balcony cabins facing aft? Thoughts would be greatly appreciated because we'll book in the next week or so. Thanks!!! :)

We had a port side balcony mid ship on our PoAm cruise. Deck 9 is great. We had 8 and it was great too. The view of the Napoli Coast of Kauai as you are sailing away from that island is INCREDIBLE!!!

We had a port side balcony mid ship on our PoAm cruise. Deck 9 is great. We had 8 and it was great too. The view of the Napoli Coast of Kauai as you are sailing away from that island is INCREDIBLE!!!

I am staying on deck 9 9022.

The cabins at the front of the ship have bigger balconys.

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from POA had 3 cabins on deck 11 with balcony & 1 Penthouse suite also on deck 11 (large balcony) Cabins are ok. Plenty of storage, small shower room. Ship was supposed to turn round so Port side could see the lava flow but didn't so we missed it as the announcements couldn't be heard in our cabins. Views of Na pli coast were excellent from balcony though.

I was on the 7/19 sailing and had 8676 on the port side toward the aft. Outstanding view with no obstructions. It appears to me that mid ship balconies are not going to give you a nice clear view down to the water due to lifeboat placement. We watched the lava flow from the upper deck since it was starboard and Na Pali from our cabin. In the ports: Oahu - port has views of the harbor, starboard has Waikiki. Maui - port has ocean side and the pier area that is used as commercial loading dock, starboard has harbor and island view. Hilo - I'm drawing a blank (sorry); it was raining and we were there for such a short time so I didn't use the balcony. Kona - port has island view at anchorage; starboard - ocean view. Kauii - port has island view, so does starboard (both very beautiful). All that depends, of course, on if they always tie up the ship the same way -- but if I were booking it again, I would want the same thing I had. Nice thing about aft was the quick access to the dining venues we used. We were right around the corner from the aft elevator.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators
Well, we're finally making the cruise! Booked for mid-January in balcony cabin 9592. I hope (and expect) we'll be happy with the choice. If anyone has thoughts, I'd be happy to hear them. Thanks. :)

I think that should be a very nice location. The only thing I would encourage you to do is watch prices on the cabins forward of you on the ship -- by moving up just a few doors you could get a larger balcony. Hope you have a great cruise!

Actually, I see that the BD cabins are about the same as my BC cabin. Looking at the deck plan, I can't tell if the BD cabins (9534-9550) are any larger or "better". Do you know if these are the cabins/balconies you're referring to? Thanks.

Archived