Baltimore/DC Transfer Questions

txgi121

Hi! My wife, a friend and I are taking a cruise out of Baltimore in Sept. We've extended our stay a couple extra days to see DC. I'm looking for recommendations on companies (limo or taxi?) to transfer from the Cruise Terminal to a DC hotel and then from a DC hotel to BWI.

Thanks!

Chris

Thanks, I'll check them out. Also, heard maybe there is a way to take the train from Baltimore to DC, is this feasable from the cruise port, or would it be a taxi ride some distance away, then getting on a train, and possible onto the Metro? Haven't looked into it much yet, but looking for suggestions.

MARC offers commuter rail service between Baltimore's Penn Station and Washington's Union Station. AMTRAK also offers service on that route but they're more expensive than MARC. However, MARC does not operate on Saturday/Sunday or holidays. There is another MARC/AMTRAK station near BWI Airport, connected to the airport with a free bus. You would need a taxi between the port and Penn Station. Washington's Metro system has a stop at Union Station. Depending on your hotel location in DC and the amount of luggage you're carrying, the whole thing could be done with public transportation and small taxi hops.

MARC information at: http://www.mtamaryland.com/status/index.cfm?service=MARC%20Train

BobK/Orlando

Archived