Wine in the dining room

UKCruiser_2008

I am going on a cruise with my OH and hopefully we will be eating in the dining room most evenings. The menus look amazing!

My OH does not drink alcohol, but I like a glass or 2 of wine for dinner. How much go you get charged for a glass of (basic quality) wine? Can you have a bottle and save what you do not drink for the next night?

Buying by the glass is more expensive, price depends on what wine you get. Buyingthe bottle is less expensive and yes, they will mark and hold the bottle for you for dinner each evening.

There are a couple of other options that I was unaware of until I read about them on CC, so I'll share them with you. These pertain to Holland, but I would imagine most of the others do something similar. You can purchase a wine card for 10 or 20 glasses of wine for a price. Or you can purchase a package of 3, 5 or 7 bottles, at a rate that is less expensive than if you purchased them separately.

That's about all I know about it now. I'm going to try it on our cruise in October.

You can check these out on the Onboard Gifts section of the website.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone else know about buying a wine package?? We like to drink red wine at dinner so we would want one bottle per night between us. If they do a package cheaper than buying it separate each evening that may be better. Would they also charge a corkage fee for each bottle? (I suppose they would, but still wanted to ask). Thanks in advance

On RCI you can purchase a wine and dine package on board the first night or so or purchase online before you cruise. There are 3 levels with increasing prices as well as more variety. The mid level 5 bottle selection is about $145 and they are served in the dining room only. Go to "Gifts and Gear" on the RCI webpage and you can view the choices. Of course there are many wines to select from in each group. It is a 25% savings.

Archived