Transfers through Carnival

jch628

Advice needed?? We booked our transfers through Carnival at the time of booking. We are flying into FLL and I thought it would be the best idea but now I am hearing that you will be waiting at the airport for quite sometime until the bus is full and I probably could have gotten them cheaper elsewhere. Has anyone encountered any issues with the transfers through Carnival? Does anyone know if I would be able to cancel them adn get my money back and than find other alternatives. Or should I just suck it up and stick with what we have. I really hate to be sitting on a bus all morning until enough people show up. Our flight gets in at 10 or so. Thanks to all!!

Sorry to tell you but unless you are alone cruising its not worth it. You can usually get a taxi to the port cheaper than booking Carnival's transfers. And unfortunately they are non-refundable. I think they do that so when people do realize they do want to find their own way there they are stuck with the transfers. Getting in at 10am I do think you will wait a bit, when I have used them they do always wait until the bus is full. Generally they make you stand around in the airport until a group of about 15-20 forms. Then they take that group out to the bus. But if the bus isn't full be prepared to wait for more.

My first cruise was out of Tampa and my agent had set me up with the Carnival transfer. I had to wait for the bus to be filled up and then the driver, who was doing everything himself, had to rearrange the luggage he had on already because he couldn't fit it all in on the first try. I think the whole ordeal was about an hour and 30 minutes just at the airport. When we finally left, he somehow got lost in downtown Tampa and a 10 min drive turned into 45 minutes. The passengers had to tell him how to get to the terminal. A little extra sightseeing for the passengers!

The next cruise I flew into Fort Lauderdale. From these boards, I knew the terminal was a very short jaunt away. I decided to take a taxi and was quite happy with it. It was fast, fast, fast. From airport to ship was less than 15 min. I think with tip I paid $15 or $16.

Taxi's for me from now on if the port is close enough to the airport. I can't wait any longer than necessary to get on the ship! Hope this helps you.

How about flying into Miami and cruising out of Miami?

Is taxi cheaper also then the transfers?

We have not decided if we will fly down the day before or not.

Have some time to think about it:p

Archived