Labadee, Sea Trek Arawak Park

This looks like a lot of fun for my ten y.o. Can anyone share their experience with me? The description indicates duration is an hour. Are there timed entrances or can you go in and out? Thanks!

If this is the water park with all the blow-up climbing things, and the water trampolines, then I might be able to give some insight.

I took my 6yr old son on this last November. It about killed me and I couldn't wait for the hour to be over, however my son had a good time. The water is very deep, you will not be able to touch bottom. You, understandably and thankfully, are required to wear the life jackets that they supply. My son gave me his goggles to hold while he climbed a "ski mountain", but while I was helping him get up it, I dropped his goggles into the abyss never to be found again. I guess that's why the lady said not to take sunglasses in with you! I'm not kidding when I say it's deep. I got a few scratches from trying to climb onto these things, but my son fared much better. Some of the blow-ups are pretty hard to get on to, but they have a variety of difficulty levels. I steered him to the smaller ones. The lifeguards are stationed at various points around the perimeter.

While we were there you could purchase admission right at the hut on the island if it wasn't sold out. They were scheduled back to back, every hour.

As a 41 year old mother, I'll NEVER go again. As far as my son, he'd do it again in a heartbeat.:)

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your input. I was afraid an hour wouldn't be long enough, but based on your response, it sounds just fine. The two of us will do it, and I'll be Mother of the Year for ten minutes ;) till I commit some other parenting transgression.

May I suggest you watch while your DS does his thing? My DS was 10 and had a blast with the other kids while I lounged on the beach with a drink and watched him. He had a great time climbing up and sliding or jumping off. It's like watching a bunch of kids at the playground and I got some great pix for our scrapbook and he joined me on the beach after the hour was up.

Jakie

We were there in June - my 9yo DD and I had a great time! One hour is plenty long - it gets pretty tiring climbing up and down all of the inflatable toys.

I climbed up the biggest "ice berg" slide - I'm 40 and I was SO proud of myself - passed by a cute little 23-yr-old gal on the way. Then, I yelled at my DH to take a picture from the beach as evidence!!:p

Have fun!

I might also suggest that you pick up the waterslide next to the park. It doesn't have a time limit and should be a good bit of fun for a 10 year-old.

Heck I enjoyed it and I'm closing in on 40!

Oh, yeah, we did that too! Very fun! Good exercise going up those steps;)!

Archived