Favorite Picture of All Time

There is a story that goes with this picture. At 41 my sister had a major stroke. To save her life they had to do surgery and as a result, take out about 1/3 of her skull....it stayed safe in her belly for over a year (because she had a staph infection post op they did not want to put it back too soon) while she recovered. At her most critical moment in the ICU, I held her hand and told her if she would only open her eyes I would take her anywhere in the world she wanted to go....her eyes flew open (the first of many miracles!), and as soon as she came off the ventilator she requested we go on a cruise. So in late April this year, almost 2 years after her stroke, we boarded the Legend with our mom, our other sister, two nieces and my sisters’ best friend. My sister wanted to swim with the dolphins more than anything else, so I scheduled the Royal Swim. Although VERY skeptical when we arrived, given my sisters physical limitations, the staff agreed to "let her try”. This picture was taken during the foot push.....what you can't see are the six women standing in the water watching her, laughing and crying at the same time. Since this day, my sister has continued to recover, expanding her horizons daily; because this moment in time renewed her confidence and made her realize that ANYTHING is possible!

2121356710064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

What a great story. It really hits home. This past year both of my parents had strokes. They are both doing well, but it takes a awhile for recovery.

This is why I fell in love with cruising ~

2383974070103957980S600x600Q85.jpg

End of a great day on the beach in Acapulco

2599751600103957980S600x600Q85.jpg

Serge, the best drink waiter on the Spirit! He found us on the beach on his day off! :D

2259765390103957980S600x600Q85.jpg

Refreshments in Manzanillo ~

2718566410103957980S600x600Q85.jpg

And last but not least, does this guy seem provocative to anyone else?

2400403610103957980S600x600Q85.jpg

These were all taken in Feb 2008 when we were on the Imagination

cabanagroupshot-2.jpg

The whole gang at our cabana on Half Moon Cay

16FEBLASTDAY5-1.jpg

I love this shot of my brother & sister-in-law... they just look so happy to be there!

Feb13101-1.jpg

Not that great of a shot, but he thought it was golden...

Feb927-1.jpg

I think these next 2 could be in a brochure. They were taken in Coz at sunset.

Feb940-1.jpg

This is a great thread, one of the more entertaining threads in a long time. I love everyone's pics - I always have a hard time trying to post a pic but I will try.

Just use the "Manage Attachments" located below under "Additional Options". It saves it as a thumbnail and you can click on it to make it bigger. You just find the file on your computer and upload.

Ha! Love your name! We too enjoy the gambling!

I love that this thread has gone on for such a long time, the pics are fantastic. The zip line was a great pic, loved all that green and then the colorful zipliner (is that a word?). Anyone have pics of the Victory winter cruise?

My favorite to date is the gentleman standing beside is open suitcase displaying a sumggled case of beer. I love the look on his face!!!!!! It made me laugh and still brings a smile to my face.

th_P1000021.jpg

P1000114.jpg

We found the perfect coffee house in Cozumel- The Rockin Java. It is a truely local place that not only makes the perfect cappuccino but has the best coffee. So good that each time we buy some to take back with us when we are there.

Same here.

We've been there quite a bit....including a week's stay at an all-inclusive resort there. And even then, EVERY SINGLE DAY, I would go out onto the balcony and be amazed. I've tried to explain it to people. I finally wound up saying "It is other-worldly"....

I know the feeling- I lived in the Pacific for 4 years and even with that much exposure was left breathless every time I was out on the water- the colors can be so other-worldly (a great term for it!0