Favorite Picture of All Time

Great shots! I also looked at the photos yoou have on flikr if you're not a photograher you should be!

Thanks!

No.. I'm just an IT geek, but photography is becoming my main hobby. Maybe one day I can supplement the cost of that (hobby) by selling a few photos, but I'm a ways off from that.

Edited by bookguy232

bookguy232, what kind of camera are you using? All of your pictures are just great. I keep trying and have even taken a few 1 hour lessons but for some reason, can't get pictures looking as good as yours.

Bevie

Thanks!

As for my camera, the pictures on my flickr page of last year's cruise were all taken with a Nikon D40. It's a great entry level Digital SLR that's as easy to use as a point-and-shoot if you want it to be, but also has all the versatility of manual settings if you want them. It's a great camera. Since that cruise I upgraded to a Nikon D80, and more recently (after a nice tax return) treated myself to a Nikon D300. On my site most are taken with the D40 or D80, and only a few with the D300. Canon also has comparable cameras in their line for all those stages. I love Nikon for SLRs, though in my opinion Canon makes better point-and-shoots. Okay.. that's probably more than you wanted.

Orient Beach St. Maarten (G rated photos, no worries)

Hi TaterSalad

We saw your post on our board asking if there was anyone going on the Bar hop excursion in Cozumel.

We are thinking about it but we're finding it difficult to get questions answered. Do you know if the excursion is on for Friday, 5/29?

What do we need to do to get on the list? We are sailing on RCCL and our ship gets n port at 10:00, the Bar hop excursion starts at 10:30, do we have enough time to go? where would we get the bus? Please let us know.

Thanks

Gil & Deb

The tour leaves on Friday at 10.30am from downtown at Punta Langosta Pier. Our ship gets in at 10am also. Here are some links to get more info and a lot of pics. Just to let you know, they won't run the tour unless there are 18 people. Go ahead and sign up if it's what you want to do and Tom will let us know when more people sign up. He said a lot of people sign up 2 - 4 weeks out so I'm crossing my fingers. This looks like so much fun and a great way to see places on the other side of the island. Here are some links:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=55196887597

http://www.cozumelbarhop.com (you can sign up from this web site)

And a thread on CruiseCritic from people who have taken the tour: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=853383

Edited by TaterSalad

Thanks!

No.. I'm just an IT geek, but photography is becoming my main hobby. Maybe one day I can supplement the cost of that (hobby) by selling a few photos, but I'm a ways off from that.

Well I hope one day you are able to make your hoby a career! Again great job!

• 5 weeks later...
My dear friend Claudia, now deceased; this picture was staged, but it really happened. We laughed so hard because she didn't realize her dress was up and those big ole white panties were showing!

attachment.php?attachmentid=49524&d=1182533103

Sorry to hear of your loss...

It IS a great pic! Looks like you are both having a blast with it! i learned this the hard way, too. NOW I always wear shorts under my dress when I am up on deck! :rolleyes:

This was taken from the Margaritaville deck in Cozumel last fall. It was probably the most enjoyable part of my first cruise. We cruised on the Holiday ship, which is nothing exciting. But the most exciting part of the vacation was being on a girls trip with my mom, cousins and great-aunt. My mom NEVER takes "real" vacations and was in desperate need of one. Great-aunt doesn't take "real" vacations either, and her husband had just passed a few months earlier after a long battle with diabetes and years of dialysis. So she was in desperate need of a vacation as well! It was the first cruise for all of us!

I've been dying to go again. And I'm excited to report that I leave in 5 days to sail on the Conquest with my DH, 5 yr old DD and in-law's. So excited for my daughter!!

DSCN0866.jpg.4f1618cba3bf725533499839f455fac7.jpg