Car Rentals in FLL

cruiser4fun1960

I know Dollar has an ongoing promo code of KISSE that gave me quite a discount (though with the time you're renting being Labor Day weekend, it might not). This is a legit code from Good Housekeeping magazine, no coupon needed at check-in.

I'll let someone else give you the details on the various shuttles around there.

2 places I always check are Costco and http://www.carrentals.com/

You can usually find decent rates from both of these places and usually no credit card is required for booking.

What I do is find a rate I think is good and book it. Then I keep checking to see it there are better rates available. When I booked a car for December in FLL it was $35 a day. When my sister tried to book a few weeks later it was $65 for the same car. Fortunately for her it went down again. Just keep watching to make sure you have the best deal.

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone,

I know a lot of people have pre and post cruise stays in fll and I wanted to let you know about a rental car deal. I always rent my cars from Thrifty because they are always ready and clean when we arrive. When you book your car use corporate discount # 004M001010 and it can save you about 60% on the rental. It is legitimate because I used it for a rental car in Port Canaveral about 2 weeks ago. I got the # from the Orlando Magic card which is free and can be obtained from http://www.orlandoinfo.com/magicard/. Anyone can use this number. If you like you can even print a card but it is not necessary. The best rental price with taxes, tags and freight was almost $ 300.00 for and economy car. With the corporate # it was $ 86.00for a mid size. I also recomend joining their Blue Chip Program. If you are a member you do not have to wait in line and your car is ready and waiting. (not available at all locations) I hope this helps some of you.

Thanks,

Kevin and Renay

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Kevin and Renay! I've been trying for days to get a 'cheap' rate for Thrifty for a 6 hour rental. I just used the Orlando Magic Card discount code you suggested (004M001010) and it saved me lots! We wanted to specifically use Thrifty because we're arriving FLL @ 6am and have about 6+ hours to kill before we embark. (Need to use that time to go 'shopping for beverages', if you catch my drift ;) Anyways, another reason we really wanted to use Thrifty is I heard that we could then drop the car off at Thrifty's Port Everglades location, which is closer to the port and suppose to have a free shuttle to the cruiseport also. (This will help in case we are running late, plus I really don't want to deal with the airport traffic). So I booked an economy car to p/u @ airport then drop off near cruise port using the discount code. It was only $31.55 (this includes taxes/fees!) compared to $58+ without using the code!

Thanks for all the info!

Archived