Wedding on St John

Tatertot

I know this isn't the wedding site and I'll probably post something there but I'm trying to help my niece plan a destination wedding and I think we've narrowed it down to St. Thomas or St. John. CC's Hawaii board was so helpful planning my mom's 75th birthday cruise, thought I'd tap your collective knowledges.

Bride and groom will probably do a post-wedding cruise so I'll leave that to them to plan. DN wants an island outdoor wedding. Beautiful beaches but not necessarily a wedding on the beach (her brother is newly wheel-chair bound from an auto accident). Seems like there are lots more villas than resorts so what are pros/cons? Looked at Gallows Point Resort website and liked that possiblity because close to town but no beach?

Sorry, lots of vague questions, just looking for some direction. Thanks in advance!

There aren't many (any?) villas on a beach. Most are on the hillsides for a marvelous view and swimming pool. They're more secluded and private, and you may have more options for personalized services like caterers, length of ceremony and other activities, etc.

Most beach weddings are either at a resort that has a beach, or on a public beach that may or may not be secluded depending on who you're working with, and which beaches they recommend. Gallows Point has a small, rocky beach that few people consider a beach, but the property is beautiful.

Most, if not all, of the resorts are wheelchair accessible, with ramps or sidewalks leading to their wedding areas. You won't have that at a public beach so the person would need assistance getting far in sand. Most of the villas allow you to drive right up to the door.

Hope this helps.

Archived