Should I bring juice boxes?

twofastdogs

Hi. We are taking our kids on their first cruise. I plan on bringing sippys for use on board, but what about onshore? Should I get them their own water bottles? As a rule I don't let them drink much juice, one a day. And they love milk. How do you keep them hydrated?

Also, another unrelated question. If anyone has had experience with the pack-n-plays, especially on Liberty of the Seas I would LOVE a condition report. Most importantly are they clean?

I can hardly wait!

Hi. We are taking our kids on their first cruise. I plan on bringing sippys for use on board, but what about onshore? Should I get them their own water bottles? As a rule I don't let them drink much juice, one a day. And they love milk. How do you keep them hydrated?

Also, another unrelated question. If anyone has had experience with the pack-n-plays, especially on Liberty of the Seas I would LOVE a condition report. Most importantly are they clean?

I can hardly wait!

On port days, we throw a few water bottles and a few juice boxes (from home) into the back pack to keep the kids fresh. A small insulated lunch sack is great for keeping them cool, and fits easily in the backpack.

Have a great trip! We are counting down our days until our next family cruise!

My daughter can only have white grape juice (the other kinds upset her stomach). So on the cruise last year when she was 14 mos we took the little bottles of juice and watered it down like normal. So if its a type that most places don't carry (white grape, pear, etc) you'll need to take some of your own. In port we took extra bottles of water. We also packed pedialyte, just in case. Which worked out great b/c she ended up getting sick (bad new food) b4 we left.(and I think some motion sickness too) She nursed extra that week and had pedialyte quite a bit. Not sure about RC's (we were on Carnival) pack n plays but I took some clorox wipes and Clorox anywhere and just wiped down everything in our cabin that she would be playing on/around. Plus the crib & the highchairs in the dining room. I'll do that this next time too b/c DS will be 13 months.

We dont bring juice boxes. Our DD only drinks juice maybe one time a day so we would give it to her at breakfast on the ship and then she drinks water or milk during the day. We would just buy bottled water (safe ones of course) on the ship or in port and then save milk for dinner back on the ship. You could always fill up her sippy's and bring them along if you like. The less to pack the better.

• 2 weeks later...

Defnitely a good idea.I just don't like the artificial sweetner in them for my DD....but don't they make some Kool Aid ones ? That have regular sugar? We take gatorade powder for DH(he's a diver)....and that works too....

Defnitely a good idea.I just don't like the artificial sweetner in them for my DD....but don't they make some Kool Aid ones ? That have regular sugar? We take gatorade powder for DH(he's a diver)....and that works too....

Yup...they have Koolaid ones too. :) Actually the crystal lite ones I use for myself and forgot to mention the Koolaid ones for the kiddos. ;)

Archived