Freedom Formal Help!

Hello everyone!

I will be on my cruise in 2 weeks and have a question I am hoping someone can answer. Quite some time ago, I booked the specialty restaurants for this cruise based on copies of the Freedom menus I found somewhere on a cruise board or site. I booked for Tuesday (the Venetian Feast) and what I thought would be the C&A dinner on Thursday (according to how the site had the menus displayed). However, I recently saw a cruise compass for this cruise (although it was from last summer) that listed Thursday as the second formal dinner and the Chef's Special" menu, which includes the lobster, which my mom doesn't want to miss. This Compass showed Friday as the C&A dinner. Although it may be too late, I would like to change my specialty reservation for the night of the C&A dinner. I'm hoping someone who was recently on the ship for the Western itinerary (Ocho Rios, Caymen, Cozumel) can tell me for sure which night was the second formal night - Thursday or Friday??

Thanks for your help!!!

Thank you! Do you happen to remember anything else about the dinner schedule (each night's menu)? I have 1 specialty restaurant scheduled for Tuesday (thinking that was the Venetian feast) and I changed the other on to Friday hoping that was the Crown and Anchor dinner. Any additional information you can give is appreciated!

Hello everyone!

I will be on my cruise in 2 weeks and have a question I am hoping someone can answer. Quite some time ago, I booked the specialty restaurants for this cruise based on copies of the Freedom menus I found somewhere on a cruise board or site. I booked for Tuesday (the Venetian Feast) and what I thought would be the C&A dinner on Thursday (according to how the site had the menus displayed). However, I recently saw a cruise compass for this cruise (although it was from last summer) that listed Thursday as the second formal dinner and the Chef's Special" menu, which includes the lobster, which my mom doesn't want to miss. This Compass showed Friday as the C&A dinner. Although it may be too late, I would like to change my specialty reservation for the night of the C&A dinner. I'm hoping someone who was recently on the ship for the Western itinerary (Ocho Rios, Caymen, Cozumel) can tell me for sure which night was the second formal night - Thursday or Friday??

Thanks for your help!!!

We just got off the Freedom this past Sunday. We did the eastern itinerary and sometimes the menus will change depending on the itinerary. Maybe that's why you're getting mixed messages. Our second formal night was Thursday (St. Maarten port day) and it was also the Venetian night -- that's the night we ate at Chops. The lobster night was Friday night. I did hear from others that the Venetian night on Thursday night in the dining room was very good and included a scrumptious tiger shrimp dish. I think you'd be OK with the Tuesday night reservations at Chops. The lobster night will definitely be later on in the week.

We just got off the Freedom this past Sunday. We did the eastern itinerary and sometimes the menus will change depending on the itinerary. Maybe that's why you're getting mixed messages. Our second formal night was Thursday (St. Maarten port day) and it was also the Venetian night -- that's the night we ate at Chops. The lobster night was Friday night. I did hear from others that the Venetian night on Thursday night in the dining room was very good and included a scrumptious tiger shrimp dish. I think you'd be OK with the Tuesday night reservations at Chops. The lobster night will definitely be later on in the week.

What she said!:D

Thanks for the info. I do think they change things up a bit for the different itineraries, but hopefully it will not be much different. Anyone out there recently come off a Western itinerary FOS trip that can chime in??

Thank you! Thank you to everyone who offered information. I did finally get my reservations set to the correct nights!

Susan, I e-mailed the concierge on the FOS directly today to find out for sure which night was Venetian night and which night was C&A night (because those are the two nights I want to schedule the specialty restaurants). For the western itinerary, Tuesday IS the Venetian Feast.

Archived