Oil closes at $127.95 a barrel

My guess is the fuel surcharge will stay until oil drops below $100 and stays there for at least a week or two. But even then it may only lower the fuel surcharge and not drop it completely.

I really don't believe analysts, they also said it would hit $200 per barrel by summer.

Got lucky and never had to fill my tank on the few days we were over $4 here. This has been one of those events that's made me glad to live in the Midwest.

Let's hope the speculator bubble has popped and the price continues to fall.

Analists expect oil to come further down. Let's see how it will impact the fuel surcharge that cruise lines are charging and also at the gas station.

I'm sure prices will be on a roller coaster for some time.It's interesting that since oil hit 150 that the state of Delaware looks like its doing to build a windmill power station and Maryland looks like it will soon follow.There was a article in todays Washington Post that said Pickens has plans for a huge one in Texas and plans on them around the US.More and more auto buyers are going to insist new cars use alternative fuels.I think the 150 a barrel was a wake-up-call and Americans are finally going to join other countries in reducing dependence on foreign fuels

Man I love my electric car ;)

Steve

When it'll out-run and out-accelerate my Mustang I'll happily buy one too. Maybe a Volt? This coming from someone who doesn't even like Chevy.

(And my Stang is a 6 so it's a little lighter on fuel consumption than the 8s)

When it'll out-run and out-accelerate my Mustang I'll happily buy one too. Maybe a Volt? This coming from someone who doesn't even like Chevy.

(And my Stang is a 6 so it's a little lighter on fuel consumption than the 8s)

Haha GMC's trucks turned me into a GM guy from driving a Mustang GT. I just bought my second Yukon.

I paid $3.92 this morning on the way to work, that's down from $4.06 when I filled up going to the airport before our cruise last week :D . Still over a $100 fill up, but every little bit helps.

I paid 4.19$ for regular today, down from 4.35$ last week, yippee!!!

The price here dropped about a dime a gallon over the past few days. Keep going down...of course they ran out of gas on South Padre Island today...but I know it will be filled back up before we go next week...just hope at a lower price.

I saw gas yesterday at a station down the street for $3.69. Just last week we were paying $4.19. I don't think you'll see RCCL or any other cruise line drop there fuel surcharge even with dropping oil prices.

On WBAP Radio in DFW last, week. Talking head was saying China has been buying 25% more diesel and 35% more gasoline than they need for daily consuption in China to insure they have a stockpile during the Olympics. Once the Games begin oil prices will drop more...Hope he knows what he is talking about.

The price here dropped about a dime a gallon over the past few days. Keep going down...of course they ran out of gas on South Padre Island today...but I know it will be filled back up before we go next week...just hope at a lower price.

Take care, "bad" weather coming your way. Hope Dolly doesn't impact you too much

My guess is the fuel surcharge will stay until oil drops below $100 and stays there for at least a week or two. But even then it may only lower the fuel surcharge and not drop it completely.

I really don't believe analysts, they also said it would hit $200 per barrel by summer.

I bet that even if oil drops dramatically, RC will still keep a fuel surcharge as part of it's bookings. They can lower it to almost nothing, but if oil prices go up again, they can raise it.

Archived