Princess Grand Helicopter Tour vs. Blue Hawaiian

crusana

Hello,

I will be traveling to Hawaii in September. I am planning on taking a helicopter ride in Kauai. I was thinking about booking it through Blue Hawaii, after reading all the wonderful reviews about it. My other option is to go with Princess (both prices are about the same). The cruise tour takes longer, about 2 hours, but actual the flight time is about the same. What are your recommendations?

Here is the description by Princess:

YOUR HELICOPTER FLIGHT

Lift off in an air-conditioned jet helicopter passing Nawiliwili Harbor and the Menehune Fish Pond. Soar over the Hanapepe Valley with its many waterfalls and dense tropical forests followed by views of Waimea Canyon - the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific," Wailea Falls and Alakai Swamp. Weather permitting, you might see the wettest spot on earth – the Waialeale Crater. Your return journey will take in the isolated Na Pali Coast with its beautiful valleys and beaches, which were used as backdrops for the film “Raiders of the Lost Ark.”

SPECIAL NOTES

Approximate flight time is 55 minutes.

Many thanks,

We took a Blue Hawaiian last Oct. in Hilo. They were great. We are planning on another cruise in 10-2009 and are going to do one we think in Kauai. Blue Hawaiian is very close to the pier. I wrote them and asked if we just come to them and they take us out to the airport?

They replied.....

"Aloha,

Yes you are correct. The check-in location is the "Harbor Mall". The address is 3501 Rice Street. We will provide transportation to the Heliport.

Mahalo for your interest and we look forward to seeing you again!

Mahalo,

Tim

Blue Hawaiian Helicopters"

I think it is only about a mile from the pier.

When we did it in Hilo. The cruise ship used BH also. But it was alot cheaper to do it on our own.

Hope that helps a little

Blue Hawaiian was WONDERFUL. All pros.

Archived