9A Bumpy Ride???

Hi All,

Expert Opinions required.

We have the opportunity to book a 9A wrap around on our med. cruise in October. Is it a bumpy ride ? Last Carnival cruise we did was on Valor in 2005 and we had dinner in the rear dining room and found alot of vibration from engines etc. so much that the plates were rattling?

Has anyone sailed Empress Deck Aft - was their any vibration ?

Thanks so much,

Jessica.

My last three cruises were in 9A's and we never had any problem with vibration. I have had inside, regular balcony and aft, and the aft was no more movement then the others. I love the wrap balconies and it is very quiet back there.

We had an Empress Deck 9a on the Freedom last November. I have never, ever been seasick on any previous cruise....not even queasy. The first night I was not feeling well at dinner (in the aft dining room) and commented to the waiter that I must have eaten something questionable at breakfast prior to boarding....he commented that what I was probably feeling seasickness. He told me that I could call room service and they would deliver medication. I resisted the idea but I finally called and they saved my life! I never felt queasy anywhere except the dining room and our cabin :rolleyes:. It was the most vibration that I have ever felt. Didn't stop me from booking another aft this November :D

Archived