Anyone have Dave instead of Jonathan from Yourcab in Halifax?

I have heard so many wonderful things about Jonathan. I contacted him 8 months ago and he promised to do our tour. Now ten days before the tour he has told me they overbooked and Dave will be our tour guide. Perhaps he will be good, but I have never read anything about him. Does anyone have any personal experience with Dave?

Thanks

We had booked with Johnathan in Halifax on a Constellation cruise in 2006. I can't remember the gentleman that was our driver, but it was a huge disappointment because the owner had been so highly recommended. We did not find out about the substitution until we we left the ship. Our driver was really a taxi driver pressed into service and got lost returning from Peggy's Cove and offered no information about Halifax. We cut the tour short and walked around Halifax.

Oh I wish I could remember the name of the taxi driver that drove us around Halifax at the beginning of July, he was excellent! I do know that we got off the ship, and went to the information desk inside the port (this was not run by the HAL). A black man originally came in and talked to us and then said he was going to call his father because he was talking to another group... his "father" ended up to be a white man - it was his way of joking - and he was excellent! It was suppose to be a 3 hour tour and it turned into 5 hours due to some construction on the way to Peggy's Cove and him talking and showing us everything. He kept saying now don't worry I'm not going to charge you more... at one point when he was showing us the Citadel and where the Halifax explosion took place he said, "I'll be talking for the next 20 minutes - non-stop - because there is just so much to tell you"... we were so pleased. I'll work on remember his name...:confused:

Oh I wish I could remember the name of the taxi driver that drove us around Halifax at the beginning of July, he was excellent! :confused:

I e-mailed Jonathan yesterday and received an e-mail back. Our driver did work for his company and his name was Al. If you cannot book Jonathan then I'd highly recommend asking for Al to take you around Halifax - he did a great job for us. :D

May I ask who is Jonathan and what company are you talking about. Maybe I should look into a tour company. We had thought about renting a car and going Lundenburg and Peggy's Cove but a tour guide would probably tell us a lot more about the area. Any info you can share would be appreciated. Thanks! Anna

Benzygirl: We used yourcab.com last September. Jonathan came and met us at the port and brought his driver/tour guide Dave with him. Dave is in his 60's and he took us 6 to his minivan. He drove us around the City of Halifax, Peggy's Cove, Titanic Cemetery, the Citadel and the Public Gardens where we walked around. We asked him to drop us off at the Boardwalk where we spent sometime and walked back to the ship. Our tour lasted nearly 5 hrs. Dave was a wonderful tour guide and very knowledgeable.

Benzygirl: We used yourcab.com last September. Jonathan came and met us at the port and brought his driver/tour guide Dave with him. Dave is in his 60's and he took us 6 to his minivan. He drove us around the City of Halifax, Peggy's Cove, Titanic Cemetery, the Citadel and the Public Gardens where we walked around. We asked him to drop us off at the Boardwalk where we spent sometime and walked back to the ship. Our tour lasted nearly 5 hrs. Dave was a wonderful tour guide and very knowledgeable.

Jackie

Archived