September 25 - Magic Sailing

Big Red

Is there anyone out there that has been dealing with Disney about the September 25th cruise that was shortened.

I spoke to DCL today and that 40% refund that they promise is now about 27%. They apologized for the "miss communication" but stated that the refund is only on the cruise part not the "non commissionable fees" or in layman's terms port charges. Port charges for ports that we didn't even go to? I was told if I was seeking further "compensation" that I would have to speak to guest communications for more. I explained that I wasn't seeking further "compensation" only what I was promised 40%.

Is Mickey trying to tell me that he had to pay for port charges that he didn't go to?

We should have taken the refund.

The 7 night - 7 day (yes 7 days, you can get on around noon you're sailing at 5) 4 port holiday becomes........ a 5 night - 4 day ( we didn't board until 8 pm and sailed at midnight) 2 port holiday and we miss Castaway Cay again ( been on DCL cruises, been to Castaway Cay once, yes once, 33% isn't great).......and I'm being treated like I'm unreasonable?

I understand that safety is first and agree with the decisions regarding the weather etc. I do not agree with the entire way that I was treated.

Even when I asked about the price of a hotel for the Saturday and Sunday they quoted the rack rate. When asked about some kind of discount they seemed offended that I should ask such a question.

I spoke to on couple on the cruise and they had been staying at the Wilderness Lodge. They had booked through an agent and got a deal for the Wednesday to Friday nights and were refused any kind of discount for the Friday and Saturday. They were quoted the rack rate as well. They went to the Wyndham got a better rate for a nicer hotel.

I just think that the Mouse sits there makes the decisions and then doesn't let anyone make a reasonable compromise.:mad:

Archived