Earliest Boarding Time on EOS

When we sailed on the Explorer last November, we arrived at the port by 11am and had very little trouble unloading. There were still people departing the cruise terminal and luggage area so it was a bit congested. We signed in and we were aboard the ship by 1230, and having lunch in the Windjammer.

Just a tip on returning, TAKE your luggage to your car yourself or via a porter if you choose, but save time and frustration of bringing your car back down to the pick up area.. We were off the ship and out of the parking lot very quickly by doing it this way.

Just got off the Explorer two weeks ago. We took a cab from Elizabeth and left about 11:20. Arrival at 11:45 and the line to the tent was starting to grow but it moved rather quickly. We had checked in and then waited for the shuttles to begin. Once they began calling shuttle numbers that went quickly also. We were inside and had lunch at the Windjammer at about 12:50 and before we were done with lunch they announced that all staterooms would now be open so we were able to dump our carry ons in the room by 1:15. After that we went exploring the Explorer.

Just got off the Explorer two weeks ago. We took a cab from Elizabeth and left about 11:20. Arrival at 11:45 and the line to the tent was starting to grow but it moved rather quickly. We had checked in and then waited for the shuttles to begin. Once they began calling shuttle numbers that went quickly also. We were inside and had lunch at the Windjammer at about 12:50 and before we were done with lunch they announced that all staterooms would now be open so we were able to dump our carry ons in the room by 1:15. After that we went exploring the Explorer.

Could you (or anyone else) tell me how much it cost to take a cab? We will be at a hotel near the airport and I just wanted a rough estimate of that cost.

Could you (or anyone else) tell me how much it cost to take a cab? We will be at a hotel near the airport and I just wanted a rough estimate of that cost.

I stayed in Elizabeth (Exit 13A off Turnpike, pier is off Exit 14A). I called two or three cab companies and what had been posted here in the past as a $45-$50 cab ride prior to gas increases is now $70. I believe the distance from Elizabeth to the pier and the AP to the pier is about the same distance but maybe others here will know.

It's probably a pretty accurate figure because on our return trip, we used RCI ground transfer from the ship back to the AP and and that trip cost us $76 (both cab and RCI transfers were total for 3 people). The RCI transfers are $25.50 each. (After your trip, take a cab, forego the transfers because you must sit on the bus until all people that paid have boarded - 2-3 hours possibly and those that got off first sat there from 8:30 am until the last person boarded at 11:am before leaving).

Archived