has anyone come back?

debs44

Well I just got back from my first cruise on NCL, and I have not yet posted a review. I am trying to sort things outs; there were something I did not like. I'll have to share more in my review. Now that being said please let me tell you that I had a lovely time(who wouldn't it is a vacation after all!) I also would recommend NCL to a friend and would cruise them again. I just haven' t posted a review due to lack of time.and wanting a level head!

we are just back from the gem , family of 5 sharing two cabins.

the gem is a wonderful ship , the crew are wonderful and the itinery is brilliant.

the food was superb , the gym was perfect ,the atmosphere good and entertainment if you are into that is quite good too....the kids staff is amazing

i am sure that you will have a good time .......avoid the people stampedes by taking your own tours and being open minded .....like on any holiday there are people of all walks of life onboard ....some more educated and some less.

dont be too picky about silly stuff like towel animals , cookies and fruit in your room ...there is plenty of fruit to eat all day everywhere on the ship

but i can guarantee that you will have a great time even though at the end of the cruise u will think ....mmmm i could do this again

let me know if you need any info

regards

:) :) :) :)

I was on the 6/29 sailing. It was a great trip. I'd write a review, but have been so busy since we got back that I haven't had time to put my thoughts down on paper so to speak. I did scan the dailies and whatnot into PDFs (see link at the bottom right of my sig) and posted them here for folks to peruse, but haven't had time for much else. If you have any questions, I can try to answer them though!

My one piece of advice would be to make sure you participate in your roll call, have a meet and greet, make new friends and participate with them on independent excursions.

We met some wonderful people at our M&G and had a great time as a group of 10 independently in Pompeii, again the next day in Rome (as an independent group of 16), and on the final night in a dinner with 12 of us.

It's a great itinerary, though very port intensive. The Gem is a great ship with a very good staff, particularly the hotel director Prem. Very impressive guy.

Archived