Maclaren Quest vs Triumph???

deniuh

I bought the Quest yesterday for my 7 month old daughter but I am still wondering if I should have gotten the Triumph instead. Are the major differences - the weight limit and the carrying strap? is the price difference really worth it? Thanks in advance for the responses!

I bought the Quest yesterday for my 7 month old daughter but I am still wondering if I should have gotten the Triumph instead. Are the major differences - the weight limit and the carrying strap? is the price difference really worth it? Thanks in advance for the responses!

This will not answer your question exactly, but we have the Maclaren Volo and it was the best purchase we have made. I believe it is the smallest, lightest and least expensive of the Maclarens. We also have a Peg Perego Pliko and a jogging stroller and I hardly ever use them, especially when traveling. The Volo is SO light and easy to fold/unfold. I recently traveled across the country with my two year old by myself and took only the Volo. It got the two of us, two carry ons and a Britax Marathon through four airports and everywhere else we went.

I bought my Quest about 2 months ago and it was the best 'baby' thing I've bought so far! My daughter is currently 16 months old and she was getting very antsy in her other strollers. This one is just so comfortable for her she enjoys going out again.

I've taken it to four countries, countless airplanes/airports, and it's just great! I'm looking into getting the Volo for next summer (I believe that's the more 'mesh' one, but it doesn't recline).

My few suggestions...I went ahead and got the matching Maclaren Parasol (we're in the sun a lot), and I bought a universal cup holder for it. Also, I got the Maclaren bag as we gate check the stroller A LOT and I didn't want to see it get ruined like a few of my others by careless gate workers!

I have the Triumph (an old one, purchased in 2003) and it was - by far - the single best baby gear purchase I ever made.

If I were in the market today, in the current world of $500-$700 strollers, I may have been suckered into buying something more expensive, but I have to believe I would have been shortchanged.

Our Triumph has been on literally dozens of plane rides and has come out unscathed - we have no carrying bag for it. It was our exclusive stroller for our children from age 6 months on and was used consistently for 4 years (until our youngest decided he no longer would ride in a stroller). We are about to give it to a friend for her child and aside from a scuff or two (and the vintage fabric :) ), it looks brand new.

Maclaren makes a fantastic product. You can't go wrong with either stroller. Mine doesn't seem heavy - but we're suburban parents - the stroller went from the trunk to the ground or possibly the garage. If I were an urban mom dragging the stroller up to the third floor of my building every day, then I'd have been more concerned about the weight.

I bought my Quest about 2 months ago and it was the best 'baby' thing I've bought so far! My daughter is currently 16 months old and she was getting very antsy in her other strollers. This one is just so comfortable for her she enjoys going out again.

I've taken it to four countries, countless airplanes/airports, and it's just great! I'm looking into getting the Volo for next summer (I believe that's the more 'mesh' one, but it doesn't recline).

My few suggestions...I went ahead and got the matching Maclaren Parasol (we're in the sun a lot), and I bought a universal cup holder for it. Also, I got the Maclaren bag as we gate check the stroller A LOT and I didn't want to see it get ruined like a few of my others by careless gate workers!

Thanks everyone for your contributions. Atleast I know the Maclaren brand is good. Where can I get the bag and universal cup holder? I don't think the Quest has a bag and I too am worried about the color getting messed up. Thanks in advance for the input.

I'll add my 2 cents. I have a Volo that I have used since DD was 9 months old. I seriously only used the larger stroller once after I got the Volo, the other one has been collecting dust in my basement. My original Volo was a '05 model that is the full mesh, I do like the full mesh because I can power wash it. It didn't come with a canopy or rain cover, so I bought an '07 model that came with the canopy and rain cover. I've used the rain cover in torrential rain and my child did not get a drop of water on her, it really is a great feature. I love the Volo, it is super lightweight, I love the carry strap and the one hand fold, the stearing is amazing and for taller parents, Mac has one of the heighest handle heights. My only complaint about my '07 Volo is that it gets dirty on the underside of the canopy because when you fold it, the front wheels fold up against the canopy and that does bother me, mine is light grey, and maybe a darker color wouldn't show the dirt there so much, or maybe the newer models don't have this problem. I haven't used the other Mac strollers but I can say that I love my Volo, it is great for traveling. The seat doesn't recline but my child sleeps in it anyway.

My cup holder is from Valco baby and it does fit the unusual handles but it took four hands to install it. I got mine on ebay, search maclaren cup holder and you should find one, I'm sure you can find them in stores in a city, I live in a small city and no place here sells high end strollers and accessories so I found mine online.

Oh and the Volo itself I got a good deal online with free shipping. You can almost always find them on sale somewhere online.

I've gate checked my Volo a few times with no problems, except that flying to orlando there are so many exactly like our I finally put a hot pink tie on the handle so I'd know which one was mine, LOL!

Huge Mac fan here, I have an '05 Techno (wish it was a Quest) and an '07 Volo. Regarding the Triumph, the seat is shorter and does sit as deep as the Quest and the Volo, if your child is large or has long legs it maybe uncomfortable. You should be able to test them at Babies R Us. I am taking the Volo on the cruise but I still use the Techno for Disney since she is sometimes taking long naps in restaruants or falling asleep at night in the parks.

My only complaint about my '07 Volo is that it gets dirty on the underside of the canopy because when you fold it, the front wheels fold up against the canopy and that does bother me, mine is light grey, and maybe a darker color wouldn't show the dirt there so much, or maybe the newer models don't have this problem. I haven't used the other Mac strollers but I can say that I love my Volo, it is great for traveling. The seat doesn't recline but my child sleeps in it anyway.

I've gate checked my Volo a few times with no problems, except that flying to orlando there are so many exactly like our I finally put a hot pink tie on the handle so I'd know which one was mine, LOL!

To prevent a dirty hood: Buy the Maclaren organizer ($20), flip it over the hood before you fold the stroller. The wheels won't touch the hood anymore. Also, Buy, Buy Baby sells a few good stroller bags, one is padded and another is a bright red draw-string bag.

I don't have a Maclaren, but did a lot of research before buying a new stroller (my "old" one is so worn out after 8.5 years and 2 kids! lol). I've heard a LOT of people really love their Mac's, but I've heard a few complaints about their quality since they started making them in China over the past couple of years.

I have had two of these so far and I always use them when travelling. The first one survived several plane flights, one cruise and an attempt at hiking in Northern California. I still have the second. My son is now 4 and can walk just fine on his own, but having the stroller is still really useful when we are travelling and I need to get him through the airport or somewhere else that involves a lot of walking.

Ginger

Mac Triumph owner here -- can't say enough good about it. It started as my go-to travel stroller (it has survived as gate checked baggage without a carry case for more than 20 flights...) but has easily become our only used stroller. It still looks nearly new...

While my son can walk everywhere now -- it is great to lug our huge Britax car seat through a busy airport -- and for tired legs after a long day. My son climbs in and out without complaint -- he seems to like it. Even my 13 YO sil has taken a ride in it without problems (she is about 90 lbs) ---

The basket is small, it will flip over with too much weight on the handlebars sans child --- but these are small sacrifices for a stroller that folds to nothing, travels easily, is comfortable, reclines, lasts/is durable, and is comfortable to push. You can get the universal Mac organizer via target.com for about 20 bucks.

To prevent a dirty hood: Buy the Maclaren organizer ($20), flip it over the hood before you fold the stroller. The wheels won't touch the hood anymore. Also, Buy, Buy Baby sells a few good stroller bags, one is padded and another is a bright red draw-string bag.

Thanks for the great tip! I do have the organizer but took it off because we never use it. It never occured to me to use it to protect the canopy. I'll see if I can still find it so I can use it for this purpose.

Thanks for the great tip! I do have the organizer but took it off because we never use it. It never occured to me to use it to protect the canopy. I'll see if I can still find it so I can use it for this purpose.

LOL- I had the orgainzer for a long time and never used it on my Techno, I was about to e-bay it. I was going away and decided to try it on the Volo and hated the way it flopped around when the stroller was folded, folded it over and discovered it protected the hood from the wheels by accident!

Archived