Door Question

I remember once a while back looking on here somewhere where they talk about door decorations and alot of people had pictures and things. I am sailing on Glory very soon and would love to do a door decoration for our door but I have no clue how and I am not the kind of person to be innovative enough to think of ways sooooo visuals would really help here to give me some ideas for my door decorations. Any helpw ith this would be appreciated.:confused:

On my RCCL cruise last October there was a door sign we used for those who do not want to decorate or those like my parent that lack the creative gene. I just printed it out for them on magnetic paper and voila stuck it on the door.

Sample of Door Sign

http://www.cruisecritic.com/doorsign.pdf

loved that idea and would love to modify it just a little bit though any idea how i can modify that i wanna use the same general idea but without the cruise critic logo.? help?

What do you want on it, I will do it and put a pdf link like the other one in a reply and you can just print it.

Something with fishes or a cruise ship and then its must say GLORY WARRIORS

and maybe an area where I can leave it open to add names of everyone that is attending in our group just something fun like that

thank you for the help

You can create a poster in most word processing applications. Word does this nicely. Works and Wordperfect less easily and less elaborately. I have never tried to do this in Openoffice, although I am migrating that way as I will probably be switching over to Linux OS on our computers soon.

Doc:o

I don't have any pictures as we have not cruised yet (11 days and counting). But we all chose a cartoon character we liked and I went to the Party store and bought table covers with those characters and pieced them together for the dimensions of the door. I used 2 sided tape to splice them together and will tape them to our door, cutting notches out for the door handle, peep hole and room number!!!!!!!!!! Also bought beachy type cling on's for balcony door. Plus "colorful" ribbon for door handle!!!!! Hopefully we are all set to decroate;) . Hope you have fun on your cruise!!!!!!!

You can also go to a party supply store and get cutouts that fit your cruise. Like tropical fish, a sombrero, tropical flowers and so on.

Mom and I make posters. Last time we cut stuff out of an old carnival brochure of stuff that we like on cruises and it was cute and fun to do.

This time, we made a poster with pictures that we've taken in Microsoft Publisher.

If you are celebrating a birthday or other occassion, you can go off that theme.

I recommend getting the white handi-tak stuff since it doesn't stain your stuff and holds well, while it also comes off easily enough when you need to take it down.

Let me know if you need any changes made, just click on picture

that is great! i love it! thank you so much right now i can only view it as a thumbprint though? lol.

im just starting college so trying to get intoa ll this stuff but tis gonna be a while. IM in an accelerated college courses but just getting through my first nine weeks so I have not learned how to do all this fun stuff on a computer yet .

pigeon_forge_princess,

Do you have a email address? I will send it to you, the file is too large to send thru cruise critic. My email is listed below. Just send me an email and I will reply with the attachment. Have a great trip.

yalecruising@yahoo.com

That is so very sweet and kind of you to do that for a stranger and it's very cool! It made me happy!:)

To other cruisers:

Please do NOT use duct tape on the doors as it will remove the paint! There is sticky putty that you cn use that will do no harm. Get it at an office supply store.

pigeon_forge_princess,

Do you have a email address? I will send it to you, the file is too large to send thru cruise critic. My email is listed below. Just send me an email and I will reply with the attachment. Have a great trip.

yalecruising@yahoo.com

pgnfrgprncs@yahoo.com and like I said before thank you so very much

I have a door/room decor related question:

DH's birthday will be the day we sail and I want to decorate the door and/or room as a surprise. I was thinking about buying a couple of things to decorate and maybe a Happy Birthday sign.

Do you think if I asked the steward to do it while we are at dinner, they would? Of course, I'll give a tip, but it'll so much cheaper than the $30+ they charge to do it before hand.

Here is a pic of our door decoration from last year. We decorated this year but the pic is too big to upload. Dont know how to resize it to put it on here. We use wallies from Dollar Tree and different cutouts. We bought adhesive dots that are removable to put our decorations up. We also decorate our window so we can see it when we are in port if we are on the side that we dock on.

IMG000.jpg.ec7eb6d6734539f6408b237659562e22.jpg

I have a door/room decor related question:

DH's birthday will be the day we sail and I want to decorate the door and/or room as a surprise. I was thinking about buying a couple of things to decorate and maybe a Happy Birthday sign.

Do you think if I asked the steward to do it while we are at dinner, they would? Of course, I'll give a tip, but it'll so much cheaper than the $30+ they charge to do it before hand.

I'm sure they would do it, no problem. But just in case you haven't seen the way they do the room decorations....It really is worth the $35. They do a really good job! I may have a pic if you want me to look... Either way have fun!

Archived