Goff's Caye

xntric1

We are considering going to Goff's while in Belize. We just want a beach day, a very lazy beach day, with the opportunity to snorkle if we decide to expend that much energy. If there are a few adult beverages and some snacks available, a bit of sand, cool waters and a chair or place to lay out a beach towel we should have everything we need. Looks like Goff's may fit the bill.

Anyone been there lately or read any recent reviews? What did you thing of the caye? Any other suggestions for low key with snorkle beaches in Belize?

We have been to Goff's a couple of times and it is one of our favorite places. However, I don't think they have chairs available. I spend most of my time in the water snorkeling (I have seen spotted eagle rays both times we were there).

Goff's Caye is a peaceful and beautiful little bit of land. It is sandy most of the way around. Snorkeling can be done directly off island or off the boat. There were no chairs when we were there in March but if you are in and out of the water a chair is optional imo. There is a area to purchase bottled bevarages. There is a pretty good variety. Someone was grilling but I was too busy to check it out. We left the ship 8 or 8:30 in the morning and were back by noonish so food was not important. The water and the beach were beautiful with limited amounts of people so there was space enough for everyone. The snorkeling was pretty awesome too;)

• 2 weeks later...

I booked this, through Carnival.

From they way I understand it, they have a boat pick you up from the ship. You do not have to tender in to Beliz City then back out to Goff's Caye.

Nancy/ I luv the sun - we were planning on visiting PEI for this years vacation. Unfortunately, issues at home during the spring made us change our minds and do another cruise. They have now worked themself out and I wish we were headed north instead of south. Maybe next year!

Parrothead,

Do you know if this is the operator for the cruise lines? I want to check and see if it is worth it if the price is much less or not. If the cruise line has the operator pick passenegers up at the ship instead of the terminal, might be worth the extra expense thru the cruise line.

Thanks for the link, though.

Parrothead,

Do you know if this is the operator for the cruise lines? I want to check and see if it is worth it if the price is much less or not. If the cruise line has the operator pick passenegers up at the ship instead of the terminal, might be worth the extra expense thru the cruise line.

Drdaddy,

My daughter and SIL will be on the Valor with you. I went shopping for cruise supplies today (we sail the 31st on the Legend) and she kept encouraging me to buy ... she thinks she can borrow some of my cruise gear. They grow up, get married, but somehow you always have a big hole in your pocket when they are around! :D

I booked this, through Carnival.

From they way I understand it, they have a boat pick you up from the ship. You do not have to tender in to Beliz City then back out to Goff's Caye.

Nancy/ I luv the sun - we were planning on visiting PEI for this years vacation. Unfortunately, issues at home during the spring made us change our minds and do another cruise. They have now worked themself out and I wish we were headed north instead of south. Maybe next year!

I've tried to book this and cannot via the Carnival website. I wonder if they are booked. I will try to call them.

Parrothead,

Sorry, Rob - I don't know if the cruise lines use this company.

You will need to take a boat to get out to Goff's Caye. Here's an excursion that offers it:

http://www.belizecruiseexcursions.com/BeachSnorkelingBelize.htm

This is one place booking through the ship has an advantage. With Carnival if you book through the ship they will pick up and take you back to the ship. You do not need to go into town. This does leave you with a little time to go into town later.

It was a tad annoying to play follow the leader but it was open water at about 20 ft deep so I could definately see their point. It was cool and when we got back to the island you could do whatever. It was a beautiful little spit of land. What I wouldn't give to be there now......:(

• 2 weeks later...

Xntric1 I would love to hear more or see pictures from this excursion. We will be on Legend next month and I am seriously considering this one. I got worried when I tried to book through an independent tour operator and they told me they had discontinued this tour. I can't find anyone else that offers it but Carnival. I'm glad to know you enjoyed it. We are taking our 11 and 15 year old DD and want them to be able to snorkel or relax on the beach at their leisure. This sounds like the ideal place. Thanks for taking your time to update us!

Archived