Water banned on Carnival Cruise ships!

Cinderose

All this panic over nothing:D

Everyone needs to have a beer and relax...it is Friday for the love of god. :rolleyes:

Why is this thread even still alive? LMAO

Debating year old info that is no longer relavant...LMAO

:D

Same goes for most restaurants, bars, sporting events, concerts, etc. I pay more for a drink at most of those places but I'm not going to stop going :)

But...you're not at a concert or a sporting event 24x7 for 7 days. Also, I can bring non-alcoholic beverages into sporting events & concerts. We have season tickets to the Red's & we pack a small cooler with a few bottles of water each time we go. We usually drink a few of those & a few outrageously priced beers.

All this panic over nothing:D

Pretty much sums it up.

Everyone needs to have a beer and relax...it is Friday for the love of god. :rolleyes:

Why is this thread even still alive? LMAO

Debating year old info that is no longer relavant...LMAO

:D

Sounds like a plan for lunch, some smuggled beers and bottled water. :D

If you really, really, really have to smuggle booze on in the most strict of embarkation environments, I have your answer. Put in ziploc bags and duct tape to your body; unless they do a strip-search you should be fine. Once in your cabin, carefully remove the duct tape, keeping it ready for fixing the many emergencies that always come up. One could even rate cruises by how much duct tape is used.

Too funny!

I'm proud to NOT be a water snob. Sheesh. The obsession with bottled water is just about the silliest trend I've ever seen.

Depends on where you live. When I visit my in-laws in Oregon, the tap water is so good, I can't imagine anybody buying bottled water. Same for some rural areas of Northern CA I've lived in and visited. Get into the heart of most major cities, and you'll find a lot of 'water snobs' because the tap water is so vile you feel guilty even giving it to your dog. All tap water is not created equally.

Depends on where you live. When I visit my in-laws in Oregon, the tap water is so good, I can't imagine anybody buying bottled water. Same for some rural areas of Northern CA I've lived in and visited. Get into the heart of most major cities, and you'll find a lot of 'water snobs' because the tap water is so vile you feel guilty even giving it to your dog. All tap water is not created equally.

ROFL!!!!!!! That is so true. Which is why I'm one.

Hi Mach,

The policy hasn’t changed. So this is still our official policy:

Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. Excessive quantities will be determined at Carnival’s discretion. As an example, guests will be permitted to bring bottles of water/soda in their carry-on or checked baggage. Carnival strongly recommends that guests do not bring a large quantity of non-alcoholic beverages that will be subject to confiscation at embarkation.

I got this from a friend of mine at Carnival not twenty minutes ago... So, there you have it... no change just some bad information passed along...

Have a great Friday, y'all!!!

:)

But...you're not at a concert or a sporting event 24x7 for 7 days. Also, I can bring non-alcoholic beverages into sporting events & concerts. We have season tickets to the Red's & we pack a small cooler with a few bottles of water each time we go. We usually drink a few of those & a few outrageously priced beers.

Really? :confused:

They won't let you do that here. You can not bring anything into any of the parks or stadiums.

What does that have to do with the cost of a drink? My response was to someone talking about how expensive the drinks were on the ship (double), and I pointed out that many places charge much more for drinks and I still go, without complaining (it would be pointless to complain and still go :p)

Believe me, in the liquor argument, I have used your first sentence MANY times... however, that wasn't what I was responding to... I was talking about the cost, and the drink prices on the ship really aren't bad...

You are lucky... we can't bring coolers, drinks, etc into sporting events and concerts :(

Really? :confused:

They won't let you do that here. You can not bring anything into any of the parks or stadiums.

That is how it is here too Paul, and nearly anywhere else I've been... it would be nice though!!!

What does that have to do with the cost of a drink? My response was to someone talking about how expensive the drinks were on the ship (double), and I pointed out that many places charge much more for drinks and I still go, without complaining (it would be pointless to complain and still go :p)

Believe me, in the liquor argument, I have used your first sentence MANY times... however, that wasn't what I was responding to... I was talking about the cost, and the drink prices on the ship really aren't bad...

You are lucky... we can't bring coolers, drinks, etc into sporting events and concerts :(

Sorry, I think I missed a page of the thread & was just responding to the idea of being able to bring water on a boat in comparison to sporting events. Ah well...

I didn't realize we were lucky to be able to bring food & beverages in. I guess that's one thing in the Red's favor.

Looks like it might be old. This happened a ways back and didn't last more than a couple weeks due to out rage. I don't buy water at home or in a hotel. As a stock holder I want Carnival to make money but, no way when you have people out in the ocean make them buy water.

When considering taking drinks on board the ship, I'd only be doing this to drink these in my cabin. Ok, so I don't want to go and buy a can of coke and take it back to the cabin....and if I want to open a bottle of wine in the cabin, I don't want it to be an expensive on-board one.

I just want to be able to do what I do in a hotel. I don't wish to take my cokes and wine etc into the bars on the ship. I also prefer the half liter bottles of coke etc, so I can put the lid back on. I often have a drink by my bed, so this would be the better option for me.

I do wonder what is the policy when you're ashore....could I buy another couple of cokes etc ashore and take them onboard?

All prohibited alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

...after being filtered through [Carnival staff's] human kidneys in compliance with Carnival's environmental policies. Can't have a bunch of drunk dolphins getting chopped up in the propulsion units.

They have lost their minds. Not that I have ever done it, as I think the ships water is just fine, but who the hell are they to tell me I can't bring a potable on board. They are finally crossing the line.

Have no idea if this is true or not, but a last year they did come up with the idea of banning soft drinks, the idea was dropped almost before it was put into action. I wouldn't be surprised if they will carry though this time or soon. i have ezpected all cruise lines to do something like this for years. I think we have all seen, waiting to be delivered cases of soft drinks and water on embarkation day. Think of the $$s that are lost by the cruiselines when we bring cases of anything on for consumption.

I am sure I will get blasted for my approach to this, but I think, if the policy is changed, not allowing water, soda, etc we have asked for it. There is nothing wrong with bringing a couple of bottles of wine, a 6 pack of beer, a few cans of soda or water on board in my opinion, but when people start bring cases on, the cruise lines lose money. I think most of us are in business to make it, not loose it.

Nita

Any privilege can be abused to death. You didn't mention that they have to recycle or dispose of all the trash [cans, etc.] associated with those cases.

Archived