Favorite Cruise and why?

hatchetjack5

I agree about Hawaii. We had a balcony on the NCL Sun repositioning cruise last September, Honolulu (and several Hawaiian ports) and then the crossing to Ensenada. Were I voting on ports alone, that would be hard to beat as 'favorite cruise'. But for just the cruise experience itself, Splendour or the Seas would still get my vote.

You know, we were saving Hawaii for our 50th in a couple of years but now I'm so glad we went when we did. The cruise was cheap (insides starting at $299 and then a great upsell offer for a balcony), a $350 pp one-way flight to Honolulu and a very inexpensive San Diego to 'home' flight at the end of our cruise. I think those kinds of rates are history now, for cruising AND flying!

Plus, 'never leave a cruise for tomorrow that you can make today' should be a cruisecritic motto!!

given the choice of a retirement home..it d probably be a small

small house in Zihuatanejo..

My uncle spends 6 months a year in the Z! He loves it there! He only comes back to Canada to ensure he lives here 6+ months out of the year (for healthcare, citizenship, CPP and all those rules)

He has found a rich american family that lives there. The husband doesn't feel safe leaving his wife and kids (all girls) alone while he is away in the US on business (which is often). My uncle (who is kind of poor!) lives in their home and is the male presence. He cleans the pool and helps the females out when needed and he lives there for free! It is a great arrangement for all of them.

As for my favorite cruise... well I have only been on 1 so that is it, lol.

When I am considering a cruise I think about: where I will have to fly to, cost of flight and hotels there, other things to do pre/post cruise (beaches, etc), POC's (I love the east side of Mexico!), and the total price.

We are doing a cruise out of San Diego in 2009 because it is a lot easier for us to fly there than to Florida (using my Airmiles that is, lol).

I don't think there are many of the cruises I don't want to do, lol. At this point I am more drawn to the tropical cruises than the scenic ones like Alaska. One day I will do that one too though. I really want to do a european cruise but the costs are prohibitive at this point.

Happy planning!

Our 14 night rt to Hawaii, from L.A. We had a wonderful time, rented a car in every port, and really loved the 8 sea days! Most relaxing ever! We did this for our 40th Anniversary, and while I was worried about "bumpy" seas, it was pretty much smooth sailing. A little choppy first day out and last day in, but not bad. We'd love to do it again.

Favorite ten day is S. Caribbean, from Florida. Favorite 7 day is E. Caribbean. Did a 4 day out of L.A.................too short. :)

Cruise we wont repeat: 7 day out of San Juan.

Archived