Help! Best Southern Itinerary

Ziggys

What is the best itinerary? NCL Jewel (Samana,

Tortola, Antigua, Barbados, St-Lucia) or RCCL Vision

of the seas ( Martinique, Guadeloupe, St-Lucia, Barbados)

We have done some searches on the boards and on the net

in general.

We are interested in outdoor activities, mostly

snorkeling.

Any advice/help will be greatly appreciated.

The Jewel has a great itinerary, we will be doing the Southern Caribbean route on the Jewel April 3rd. 2009.

We did a pretty similar itinerary with the NCL Spirit a few years back and it was great, lots of outdoor activities on the different islands. We also did a similar itinerary with the Carnival Paradise, it included Martinique - beautiful french island, when it was sailing out of Miami and into the Southern Caribbean a few years back.:)

Go for the Jewel. We did the Pearl last year, the only port that was different was Samana. The other ports are really great. We will probabaly do that one again in a couple of years. Easy to get cabs at all ports and go for half the price of a ships excursion.:)

We have done some searches on the boards and on the net

in general.

We are interested in outdoor activities, mostly

snorkeling.

I have been to all the ports listed except Samana and I think both itineraries are good.

Guadeloupe has lovely scenery and some gorgeous beaches - I HIGHLY recommend the beaches at Ste. Anne if you choose that itinerary. I believe the beach we were on was La Caravelle (at any rate it is where the Club Med is located).

Tortola is quite lovely and if you choose that cruise I recommend taking the ferry over to Virgin Gorda to see The Baths.

Good snorkeling on Virgin Gorda and St Lucia

Martinique - gorgeous island - If you take that one whatever you do - GET OUT OF THE port area - the island is green and flower covered - consider a tour to St. Pierre - the drive up the Route de la Trace is magical and the return on the ocean highway is lovely.

It included Dominica & Grenada...

Dominica had Champagne Reef - Volcanic off shore reef with tons of Seahorses - like snorkeking in 80 degree club soda...

Grenada was Grenada...Nutmeg & Spices scent the air..Very underveloped...

La Saunges(sp) Nature Center is the Best Beach Ever...I reccommended it to Dr. Leatherback for consideration in 2009...

How long is the RCCL Vision Cruise?

I know the NCL Jewel is 9 days as we have taken it before and are already booked for next January.

DH says: We will spend the same on airfare no matter how long the cruise. Go for the longer itinerary!

Samana, Dominican Republic and Barbados are the reasons we booked the exact same itinerary for our next cruise. We loved the Jewel so much, we went ahead with the same ship too.

Archived