Febuary for Kids on RCL?

cruiserwest

I have an opportunity to cruise on RCL Liberty or Freedom in late January in the Caribbean. We selected these ships because of the great kids programs and facilities. I'm worried that the kids activities will be empty and shut down, since school is in session. Our son is 8 years old.

Going in March during spring break is possible, but much more expensive.

Does anyone have any advice?

Come with us :D

We'll be on the Independence (out of Fort Lauderdale) on Feb 1st. It's the newest ship - itinerary is Cozumel, Belize and Costa Maya

I don't worry about no one being onboard. It's a Freedom class ship, there are always kids.

We always go on longer (10+ day) cruises during the school year. There are usually abot 20-30 kids on the ship. My kids (now 8 and 11) love it that way. They make good friends, and really get to know the counselors and vice-versa. Plus, the activities can change according to the small. On the last cruise, there were only 8-10 kids who attended Fun Factory regularly, but they never shortened the hours or closed down. It was great for the kids who were there. Lots of personal attention.

I hope this helps,

Kim

We're also going in late winter/early spring or in the fall (not until 2010 though). I feel confident that there will be kids on board a ship that size, but would love to hear more details about how the "limited" number of children (compared to school break sailings) affect the kids clubs.

there were 80 kids on board when we went on Miracle Jan 2006, but i don't know if all 80 used Camp Carnival. They never shut it down or anything and there always seemed to be a fair number of kids. I agree about more personal attention is nice!

My kids LOVE the smaller groups and more individualized attention of traveling "off season". There are ALWAYS kids on the ship and when there are fewer kids crowding the facilities there are alot more opportunities for them to use and try out the "equipment/toys" and meet other kids. Counselors also have an opportunity in a group of 10-12 to "get to know the kids"...help them learn a computer program, a new game, or really personalize an art activity. We have not found any reduction in facility hours or activities.

Judy

Archived