The cost of our cruise has gone UP

This cannot be a good thing. It must mean the balcony staterooms are selling out (it was a good deal!) on our cruise - no upgrades for us! :(

Will we get put in one of the worst balcony staterooms (e.g. opposite one of those porter stations) because we have paid less than others? Will Carnival charge us extra?

This cannot be a good thing. It must mean the balcony staterooms are selling out (it was a good deal!) on our cruise - no upgrades for us! :(

Will we get put in one of the worst balcony staterooms (e.g. opposite one of those porter stations) because we have paid less than others? Will Carnival charge us extra?

Where does it say the price of a cruise NEVER goes up? If your that concerned about where your room is, you SHOULDN'T have booked Guarantee.

I booked at a great price 6 months ago for a balcony gty.

I also noticed the cost of the cruise rising and rising over the last few months. It's now about $400 more then what we paid.

That being said...I got my room assignment this week and was upgraded to a 9A. So don't worry too much, there is a still a chance you will get a good cabin.

Yes, please don't worry. I've been on cruises that were completely sold out and had a waiting list of people still wanting cabins. We still got a GREAT balcony cabin with our guarantee. Have a fabulous cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Uk_cruiser2008

We had a similar experience with the UK website when we were looking (booked Liberty for '09) - I found that by phoning and being ornery about cabins I could *just* persuade them to give me cabin numbers to choose from, in the end I booked elsewhere because they were charging more direct than the agent. So if you booked direct on the UK site and you're concerned I'd give them a call and put some pressure on to get allocated a specific cabin.

Good luck

David

Well I already emailed the women who sent my invoice, asking if we could have a quiet cabin. She replied promtly saying she would put a note in with my booking but "no guarantees".

So hopefully that will have some sort of effect.

I also told her we do not mind a longer walk to the cabin as long as it's quiet - which I might regret later but I will eed to burn off all those extra calories somehow. :)

Thanks for the reassurance, I have decided just to have a good time anyway even if we end up in a cabin next to the engine room! :D

Did you book a Cat.8a guarantee? and the Answer is no, there are no bad Cat. 8a cabins, if the ship is selling out, that can also be a good thing, there is a good chance you can end up in a nice suite.

Fred

Archived