Which Med Cruise?

Hi all...

Right now my wife and I are trying to decide between two Med cruises for next summer. The first is the Voyager of the Seas, the second is the Legend of the Seas itinerary that goes to Egypt. If anyone out there has been on either cruise, or both, and has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi all...

Right now my wife and I are trying to decide between two Med cruises for next summer. The first is the Voyager of the Seas, the second is the Legend of the Seas itinerary that goes to Egypt. If anyone out there has been on either cruise, or both, and has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I can emphathise. I went back and forth between the 12 day Legend, June 1, 2009, and the 11 Day Voyager, May 13, 2009, Southampton - Barcelona. I finally chose the Voyager cruise, mainly because I could get a GS for less than a balcony on the Legend cruise.

We chose the Legend (Eastern Med). Haven't gone yet (Sept 23 -- coming soon!!!), but we used the following considerations: (1) Itinerary, itinerary, itinerary. We really REALLY want to see Greece, Turkey, and Egypt. Coastal France, not-so-much. (2) Ship size; we prefer smaller ships.

But we are already talking about doing the Western Med sometime in the future. :-) I doubt that you can go wrong with either choice.

I would love to hear responses on this question as well. I'm looking at 2009 and have contemplated a Med. cruise but I need to get the best bang for my buck. Especially since the USD doesn't go as far as it used to.:rolleyes:

I probably will only get to do something like this once in my lifetime so I want to get the most for what I can afford/stretch my budget to.

European ports of call are generally very rich. This means that there are a lot of things to do and see - ancient sites, monuments, city centres, plenty of culture, as well as a few fun things as well. Also most cruises are port intensive with few sea days.

This means that the itinerary is the most important factor. If the choice were just on the ship, Voyager wins hands down. The Legend cruises are longer and more expensive. This is also a factor you have to consider.

For places to see in the mediterranean, for those that have not been before, it is difficult to beat Nice, Florence, Rome and Naples as ports of call.

You could also consider the Brilliance of the Seas cruises that are a bit longer.

In order to stretch your budget better stay away from school holidays.

Thanks for all the advice... unfortunately, even though we have no children yet, DW is a teacher so travelling outside of school vacations is not an option. Of course, she would prefer the Voyager cruise, and I would prefer the Legend :)

Just returned from Legend Eastern Med/Egypt 6/28. It was HOT but awsome. I also work for a school district and have to go when kids are out of school and the prices are higher, but if once was all I thought I would be able to do it, I would do the Legend. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Ephesus, Corinth, & the pyramids especially. If coming from the States, you will be on 4 different continents in 2 weeks time, and will have the chance to see location or remains 4 of the 7 wonders of the ancient world. There is just so much to see-it is very port intensive. However, the sea days were very well placed and after the long days touring, it was wonderful to have a day to rest and recuperate.

Archived