Altun Ha, NCL or private tour?

BarBug

We were on carnival, but did their tour of Altun Ha - usually book locally, but didn't want to be that far from the ship without a ship tour. Ours included a boat trip back for almost 2 hours, with crocodiles, manatees, and dolphins, so it was well worth the $71 for 6 hours.

We booked through our ship, thankfully. Our bus broke down on our way back from the ruins and we were a tad late getting back to the tenders. Had we booked privately and our bus broke down...ugh, I don't dare think about the possible nightmare that would have been.

I always weigh the pros and cons of booking through a private company. We have a mix of private and cruise ship excursions planned for each cruise we take.

We were on carnival, but did their tour of Altun Ha - usually book locally, but didn't want to be that far from the ship without a ship tour. Ours included a boat trip back for almost 2 hours, with crocodiles, manatees, and dolphins, so it was well worth the $71 for 6 hours.

That's the excursion we took too.

More info please ... what was it called ... what company?

I believe it's called the Wallace River/Altun Ha excursion. Lots of fun.:)

We took NCLs river ride/Altun Ha trip and enjoyed it very much. It included the boat ride where we saw all kinds of animals, then a lunch by the river. After lunch we boarded a bus to Altun Ha and were the only bus there so we had the place to our selves. My Mom (77) was traveling with me and had no trouble with the river boat or touring Altun Ha.

We booked our tour through Island Marketing. We had a private tour so it was just me, my husband, and our guide. Our guide was great. She took us on a tour of the city and this to the ruins. It was great because if we wanted to stop for pictures she was willing.

Happy Cruising!

WildcatCruiser99:D

Archived