Need stingray advice - 4/5 year old

crusinmama06

Awesome! :D

Well I have to say that at the Pittsburgh zoo, my kids can (and have) pet stingrays at the exhibit there. I guess she just want to jump in the water with them now. :eek:

Personally I'm more worried about Barracuda than Stingrays or Sharks. :p I've even snorkeled around sea snakes and been ok.

Jennifer - Thanks! I bookmarked that tour site so I can use it when we go to Belize. :D

Judy - I think my 8 year old may be standing on the beach. But the 4 year old will be diving right in. ;) I guess we'll see in 4 weeks. Thanks!

I have to 2nd corralbreezes, we did this last week when we were Belize. It was so much fun. I will say that our 6 year old did not want to get in teh water though. MOre from the fear of water, not the rays. Our other kids loved it!! They were great tour guides too.

Good luck,

sandi

My 4 year old just brought me a copy of Caribbean Magazine and said "I want to do THIS please"

I just love that your 4 year old was looking at Caribbean Magazine (as most 4 year olds do no doubt :) ) Wonder who takes after mommy?

Best,

Mia

I just love that your 4 year old was looking at Caribbean Magazine (as most 4 year olds do no doubt :) ) Wonder who takes after mommy?

Best' date='

Mia[/quote']

Yeah well last night I told my 8 year old to get moving and get ready for bed...she said "Just wait, I am not done reading this yet." when I looked it was the RCCL Carribean itinerary brochure magazine...LOL. :rolleyes:

She was mad because they listed "Salsa Dancing" as an adult activity. LOL!!!!

Oh yeah I am in BIG trouble. I have one kid reading Caribbean Travel Magazine and the other reading RCCL. :eek:

Timmy - I just watch "Surviving Sharks" on the Discovery Channel over the weekend and I am just a LITTLE freaked out about the tiger sharks just "1/2 mile" off the coast of NASSAU. :eek: :eek: :eek: OMG!!!!

Sandi - Thanks for that! I will see how this excursions works in Sept. Then if they really love the stingrays, we'll go it again in Feb in Belize. Glad you had a great time!

I actually don't recommend taking smaller children to a Shark-Ray Alley snorkel in Belize. We did it when our daughter was 8 - and compared to most kids, that means she was about the size of a 12 year old (she's 10 now in a ladies' size 10 shoe if that's any indication). We found the current so strong in the shark-ray alley portion that it was a bit frightening for her - she loved the rays, and we even got to see a barracuda, but she had to cling to me while both of us kicked hard with our flippers to avoid being carried away from the boat. I think it sounds like you've found the best choice at Blackbeard's. :)

I actually don't recommend taking smaller children to a Shark-Ray Alley snorkel in Belize. :)

SHARK-Ray Alley?????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

OK how did I miss the name SHARK-ray alley at coral breezes?

Have I ever mentioned my totally irrational fear of anything with the name SHARK in it? :eek:

Thanks Canadian

SHARK-Ray Alley?????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

OK how did I miss the name SHARK-ray alley at coral breezes?

Have I ever mentioned my totally irrational fear of anything with the name SHARK in it? :eek:

Thanks Canadian

ha ha ha ha ha You're welcome. I think the only actual sharks there are nurse sharks, which are entirely harmless, and even the barracuda we saw, while quite nasty looking, took no notice of us and did not appear to be a threat... but that current... yeah, that definitely caused some nervousness... :p

We're either doing beginner scuba in Belize on this next trip, or a day sail... I'm sure I'll be reporting back on which activities our daughter did and didn't enjoy in all the ports, and what sorts of creatures we see. :)

Timmy - I just watch "Surviving Sharks" on the Discovery Channel over the weekend and I am just a LITTLE freaked out about the tiger sharks just "1/2 mile" off the coast of NASSAU. :eek: :eek: :eek: OMG!!!!

I thought everyone knew that the waters around the Bahamas are among the most shark infested waters in the world. :eek: Stay off the sand bars at feeding time and you'll be fine. :rolleyes:

I thought everyone knew that the waters around the Bahamas are among the most shark infested waters in the world. :eek: Stay off the sand bars at feeding time and you'll be fine. :rolleyes:

Noooo, not everyone. Put it this way, I didn't WANT to know. ;)

Been there many, many times. Never wanted to think about it. I was happy in my own little delusional world. :D

Archived