Help - What to do with luggage?

Hammy57

We have a full day between disembarkation and our flight. Would really like to do something fun but dont want to be loaded down (DW:>}) with luggage. Is there anywhere safe to leave the cases, either at pier or airport?

Thanks,

H

Since 9-11 for safety / security reasons, you can't store your luggage at the AP. Where are you disembarking? In San Juan there are commercial places to store luggage. In Miami, we rented a car for the day & put the luggage there. If you book a tour through the cruise line, they will deal w/ your luggage. Some poeple get a day room in a hotel.

Hope that helps.

Hammy57

Do you mean you have a late flight out of Miami? If so which airline are you flying with? I ask this because I read recently on the board that there is an American airlines desk at the port where you can check in your luggage.Maybe it is possible also with other airlines ?

Liz

Hi Hammy,

Voice from the past!!! I don't have a clue what to do with your luggage, just wanted to say hi. Our group from last year on the Explorer is going on the Adventure 11/07/04. Glad to see you are still cruising and hope all is well with your family. Next November maybe we can cruise together again. You can email me at Bunkiew@yahoo.com if you decide to go again.

Bunkiew

Depends on what you are planning to do on your travel day (and where you are). Easiest is to rent a car, storing the luggage in the trunk and tour the city. Next best is to use a hotel. Either rent a room for a day (say at a beach hotel) or ask the porters to store your luggage, and offer to tip VERY well. I have used all of these, and they all work, including storing your luggage at a hotel, even one I am not staying in.

In Feb in Miami we had a late flight home but as we had been cruising we were able to check in early .......6/7 hours before flight and then we caught the shuttle to the Dolphin Mall,where we could eat and shop for hours.I must say that last bit of shopping cost me a fortune as my son found a certain shop there that had the small remote control cars he collects on sale there.

But it is a nice clean Mall to spend a day in.

Liz

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Like the hotel idea, dont think I would risk renting a car!

Liz, we are flying BA from Miami, going to give them a bell and see what time we can check the bags in.... how is Nairn? It's been a while since I was up there. Was up to Skye in August but stayed west.

Bunkiew, great to hear from you. We cant wiat for this cruise just like last year. Did you see the photos I posted of the M&M last year?

Cheers for now,

H

Archived