I need a tasty and easy to make foo foo drink...

Oooh, umbrellas!!! I have to find some!!!

I really couldn't decide, so last night I went looking and I found drink mixes for pina coladas and strawberry daquiris, and I bought some fruit punch, so I feel like I'm being a little lazy, but I figure I'll still be doing okay considering we'll be at a campout, not at a bar!

Now all I have to do is find straws and umbrellas, and pick up a BIG bottle of rum! Funny how so many tropical cocktails have rum in them... makes it easy, though, so I'm not complaining!!

CHEERS!!! *hic*

Oh Me!!! Making me feel it. Wishing I was sailing today!

Another great cruising drink is "Sex on the Beach" of course.

Start with 1 1/2 oz. Schnapps, peach , 1 1/2 oz. Vodka , 2 oz. Cranberry Juice, 2 oz. Orange Juice, and 2 oz. Pineapple Juice .:D

Don't forget the umbrella and as you might guess this drink could lead to.......:eek:

Nick

White Sangria!!

2 oranges, 2 limes, two lemons thinly sliced into a large sealable container. Add 1 bottle of white wine (Arbor Mist pinot grigio), 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup peach schnapps. Stir and marinate overnight. Before serving add 1 bottle champagne and 1 litre of 7up. Garnish glass with one slice of each fruit, add ice and sangria. You might just need more than one batch!!

We camp alot and always fix this drink, because it's easy...very similar to some of the others. We call them 5 o'clocks.

Measuring device is a 16 oz solo cup (what else...we're camping). Makes a little over 2 quarts.

1 cup light rum (or Coconut rum)

1 cup peach schnapps

1 can pineapple juice (46 oz can)

splash of grenedine for color

We're planning on having these on our balcony as we sail Alaska next month...it's always 5 o'clock somewhere.

have tried many of the ones people have suggested , they are good...my new favorite EASY drink is

2 parts mango rum

3 parts Tropicana Tropical Punch (in carton in refrigerated juice section)

over ice...

I sip this at Assateague Island National Park every trip I make there...all day...lol...

Just a little update...

Thanks to everyone that offered suggestions!! As I mentioned earlier, I ended up with a great big bottle of rum and some premixes for pina coladas, hurricanes, and strawberry daquiris. I also found some colourful straws and paper umbrellas. I had thirteen souvenier NCL hurricane glasses, so I just blended and poured until they were all distributed, and then kept up while people sipped...

Most importantly, though, FIVE other couples are now interested in joining us on the Pearl!! :) I'm actually quite certain, though, that the interest had nothing to do with the blender drinks and everything to do with the information I brought along and the enthusiasm and excitement of the four couples already booked! :)

If you were planning a cruise to Hawaii you could make lava flows:

1 oz. light rum

1 oz. Malibu® coconut rum

2 oz. fresh or frozen strawberries

1 small banana

2 oz. unsweetened pineapple juice

2 oz. coconut cream

Blend the 2 rums and the strawberries in a blender to form a smooth paste. Pour this mixture into a tall (Collins or Hurricane) glass. Rinse the blender. Blend the banana, the coconut cream, and the pineapple juice in blender with crushed ice until smooth. Pour this mixture into the glass with the rums very slowly and watch as the strawberry mixture oozes its way to the top along the sides of the glass creating the flowing lava effect. Garnish with a pineapple wedge and paper umbrella.

Similar to a miami vice on the ships. If you want an extra kick you can use 151 rum.:D

I can't make the picture any bigger. Is it a girl? I thought maybe it was James!:D

When you camp the first rule is to pitch the tent or tarp first so this does not happen. I hope it didn't rain. Poor girl/guy that's 151 for you.....no prisoners!!!!

Nick

Archived