So now tell me about the St. Maarten and Grand Turk excursions

On St. Maarten we loved the yacht sailing race - it was a fun and unique experience. We then took a taxi to the French side for a little shopping.

Not much to Grand Turk. Took a taxi into "town" and walked around. It's basically a man made port just a way to take your money. Huge Margaritaville with overpriced drinks but a large beautiful free pool.

In St Maarten, we did the Explorer cruise to Marigot, which included an hour or so bus tour. The Explorer is a 2 level party boat with free rum punch, and we sailed across Simpsons Bay from Phillipsburg to Marigot, along the shore by all the million dollar homes and yachts, and near the airport. We had an hour or so in Marigot, then took the bus tour around the north and east sides of the island.

Grand Turk as a new Flowrider at the port. The Flowrider is that surfing machine that Royal Caribbean has on it's Freedom class ships. Other than, I don't know anything else about the place, yet.

Which ones do you like? WHich ones are worth it? Which ones are not worth it?

Thanks. ;)

When are you sailing? I'll be cruising these ports in October and will be happy to report back to you. I've actually been to all of them on previous cruises and have done most of the excursions if you have specific questions. Of course, my favorite thing to do is snorkel so most places, that's what I do.

Pungo3,

My fiance and I will be sailing in November to these ports. Since this is our wedding cruise we were thinking we might put together a group snorkeling excursion possibly in Grand Turk. If you know of any good snorkeling excursions I'd love to hear of your recommendations. :D

Congratulations on your wedding!!!!! What a way to celebrate!!! I can recommend the Grand Turk Ultimate Snorkeling package. I think it would be ideal for what you have in mind. You will go to two separate sites for snorkeling. The waters in Grand Turk are crystal clear and there are lots of fish. I'm certain you'll have a wonderful time!!!!

Congratulations on your wedding!!!!! What a way to celebrate!!! I can recommend the Grand Turk Ultimate Snorkeling package. I think it would be ideal for what you have in mind. You will go to two separate sites for snorkeling. The waters in Grand Turk are crystal clear and there are lots of fish. I'm certain you'll have a wonderful time!!!!

Thanks Pungo3! ;)

On St. Maarten we loved the yacht sailing race - it was a fun and unique experience. We then took a taxi to the French side for a little shopping.

Not much to Grand Turk. Took a taxi into "town" and walked around. It's basically a man made port just a way to take your money. Huge Margaritaville with overpriced drinks but a large beautiful free pool.

I agree, the America's Cup regatta race on St. Maartin is still one of the best excursions we have ever taken. Really fun and fairly unique.

Archived