Crown

What happened to the Norwegian Crown of 1999?

She was sold to Orient (I think) as NCL wanted all larger ships, and brought back to Norwegian for a while.

A great ship, very comfortable and that year had a super CD from NY.

I saw photos of the Crown and it looks good sailing for Olsen. Crown was one of my favorite NCL ships when I used to sail NCL...understand it was due to the fact that Crown was designed for cruises as a cruise ship and not like today's ships...she is a real cruise ship albeit not a large one. NCL had some others like her in the past but they were from the old Royal Viking Line...one of them was the Westward which I think might also be sailing for Olsen today...can't remember her Viking name...same set up thought designed for traditional ocean cruises and very comfortable.

I saw photos of the Crown and it looks good sailing for Olsen. Crown was one of my favorite NCL ships when I used to sail NCL...understand it was due to the fact that Crown was designed for cruises as a cruise ship and not like today's ships...she is a real cruise ship albeit not a large one. NCL had some others like her in the past but they were from the old Royal Viking Line...one of them was the Westward which I think might also be sailing for Olsen today...can't remember her Viking name...same set up thought designed for traditional ocean cruises and very comfortable.

You're right - the Westward now sails for Fred Olsen as the Black Watch. They also have another ex NCL ship, the Braemar, which used to sail as the Norwegian Dynasty back in the late 90's.

The Westward was originally the Royal Viking Star.

Royal Viking moved her to sister company NCL.

NCL sold her to Royal Cruise Line where she was the Star Odyssey.

When Royal was dismantled, she went to Fred Olsen as Black Watch

Thank you all for the information.

The picture looks great, but I believe the stretch and refurbishment took the bay window out of our cabin:( . It was a great place to sit and have a before dinner drink, though verandas are better in good weather.

A very comfortable ship.:)

Archived