E-documents

CrusinGirl3

I printed out our funpass today for our upcoming cruise on the Holiday. Help! Am I supposed to have anything else besides this one piece of paper?! I feel like I must be missing something. We depart on 8/11/08 - I don't want to get there and be unable to board because I forgot something!!

My next cruise will be a first for using electronic documents... I hear you can print out luggage tags now....

Ahhh, I know I'm not stupid, but how do you attach a sheet of paper to your luggage without it coming off easily ? Or do you get to turn in that printed page at port for real tags ?

This question never get's asked, so I'm asking it.

thanks!

We photocopy as many "luggage tags" as we need, fold them according to the directions, and then take them to our local UPS store to be laminated. After that, we hole punch them, fold them in half, and attach them to our luggage with strong string. It's a big pain to have to do all of this but at least our tags stay on and we always get our luggage.

I have asked that question..what i did was take my luggage tags and folded them the way it says then i went to my local mailing place and got them lamenated..cost me about 1.25 each then i punched a hole with a hole puncher and put on one of those ties that u pull and cant get off unless cut. My husband has many in the garage.. that worked perfectly. Or you can take clear tape (shipping tape, its wider) and put all around the tags, like a coat..then punch a hole etc.. works for us every time. We did that the first time and worked fine..But i use the laminator at work..Shhh..dont tell..lol:D

I'm sure there are people who don't wanna go through all that, what do they do ? I have to believe that you could call carnival and they can mail you a few luggage tags for the price of a regular stamp.

I can't see people going through all that.

My next cruise will be a first for using electronic documents... I hear you can print out luggage tags now....

Ahhh, I know I'm not stupid, but how do you attach a sheet of paper to your luggage without it coming off easily ? Or do you get to turn in that printed page at port for real tags ?

This question never get's asked, so I'm asking it.

thanks!

And where do you go to print the tags up, any one know..

I'm sure there are people who don't wanna go through all that, what do they do ? I have to believe that you could call carnival and they can mail you a few luggage tags for the price of a regular stamp.

I can't see people going through all that.

No, they won't mail you any, but you can also print them out and then just use some clear packing tape to cover them.

I buy laminating sheets at an office supply store like Staples or Officemax and laminate my own tags. You can buy packages of laminating sheets. I use a hole punch to make a hole in the laminated tag, then attach it to my luggage with cable ties. Wal Mart carries neon colored cable ties cheap. We cruise pretty regularly, so I just keep these supplies on hand. The neon colored cable ties are easily identifiable on the luggage carousel at the airport and elsewhere.

I cruised recently and was sent paper tags included with the cruise documents. They were a greyish color. Carnival no longer has the color coded by deck luggage tags. I was a bit sad. I guess everyone is cutting costs. We just folded them and stapled them and did not think to laminate. I will do that next time.

Hello CathyZ, Is that really all there is to the "Electronic documents" ? Just the little blue fun pass, on barely half a page of paper? It sure seems like there should be something more to it.

That's really all there is that you need to print, except for your luggage tags which are part of your e-docs (or you can get the old style tags from the porters and fill them out at the port if you want to, but that's slow). And most of the time you don't even need to bring the fun pass print even tho we always do, everything is in the computer when you check in. You should double check your e-doc information to make sure it's correct though, but you don't need to print any of it. All you really need is your passport (or BC and ID) and a credit card or your cash deposit for the S&S account.

I cruised recently and was sent paper tags included with the cruise documents. They were a greyish color. Carnival no longer has the color coded by deck luggage tags. I was a bit sad. I guess everyone is cutting costs. We just folded them and stapled them and did not think to laminate. I will do that next time.

That's what we did last time because we got the 'little blue folder' in the mail, but they're trying to phase that out and going to e-doc now, so you might have to print your own next time.

We are going to have a family reunion on the Pride and saw on the Carnival webiste that you can buy specialized/personalized tags for luggage.How would we get those if I requested electronic paperwork?

Archived