3-person cabin... one cancelling?

MandyGirl

I understand if our third person cancels prior to final payment we are still fine paying the two of us. But what about the cabin we are booked in (8b balcony with sofabed). Will Carnival automatically move us to a different cabin in a less desirable location? Such as to another 8b balcony cabin with sofa but sofa that does not make into sofabed? I figured they try to maximize number of passengers on a sailing and would make use of it if they could, but had not ever spoken to anyone in this situation. We have a great midship location both horizontally/vertically on the Freedom that I would hate to lose, and looking at available cabins the others available are all forward or aft versus midship.

Thanks in advance for any experiences with this! :)

They will move you if they need the cabin for someone that needs a cabin for 3, they will move you to a double. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. The sofa really isn't a sofabed like most are used to... you pretty much just sleep on the sofa. My guess is they won't move you, but it COULD happen.

I understand if our third person cancels prior to final payment we are still fine paying the two of us. But what about the cabin we are booked in (8b balcony with sofabed). Will Carnival automatically move us to a different cabin in a less desirable location? Such as to another 8b balcony cabin with sofa but sofa that does not make into sofabed? I figured they try to maximize number of passengers on a sailing and would make use of it if they could, but had not ever spoken to anyone in this situation. We have a great midship location both horizontally/vertically on the Freedom that I would hate to lose, and looking at available cabins the others available are all forward or aft versus midship.

Thanks in advance for any experiences with this! :)

I was in the same situation and didn't want to move because I wanted to be near others in my group. My TA called Carnival and Carnival agreed to let me keep the cabin.

Thank you for your replies! Once I have things finalized I'll make a call to our Carnival lady we booked with (our young daughter may be staying with grandparents.... which is HARD for me to do... but hubby wanted a "just us" anniversary cruise).

Did you book a 'guarantee' or did you choose that particular cabin? If you specifically chose that cabin number, they won't move you.:)

Cotton, everytime we have tried to book a specific cabin for 3 (many of the afts are that way), they have told us that if we booked we could be moved is someone needed a cabin for 3... although other times we have not been able to book it at all... I guess it depends on how it is selling and what they have left... but I thought that if you booked a cabin that held more than you had, you could be moved... although it's rare. I know there have been stories on CC about this happening... Do you know for sure that is the case? It would be nice to know because I have had people in our groups ask about this and this is the way I have always known it to be... i'm cornfused now :p

"Did you book a 'guarantee' or did you choose that particular cabin? If you specifically chose that cabin number, they won't move you.:)"

So if you book any guarantee and they assign you a cabin number there is a chance they could move you without consultation?

Most definitely on a guarantee... it's not guaranteed until you arrive and check in. That can always change... most of the time it doesn't, but it can.

Cotton, everytime we have tried to book a specific cabin for 3 (many of the afts are that way), they have told us that if we booked we could be moved is someone needed a cabin for 3... although other times we have not been able to book it at all... I guess it depends on how it is selling and what they have left... but I thought that if you booked a cabin that held more than you had, you could be moved... although it's rare. I know there have been stories on CC about this happening... Do you know for sure that is the case? It would be nice to know because I have had people in our groups ask about this and this is the way I have always known it to be... i'm cornfused now :p

I was actually told that Carnival would not allow you to book 2 into a cabin for 3. When I canceled my son, I was told that Carnival would probably change my cabin and it could be anywhere on the ship. As I said above, I didn't want to change cabins because we were near others in our group. Our cruise was last week, and we had the original cabin. Ask your TA to call.

We didn't book the guarantee but rather a specific cabin. Since it looks as if our daughter may stay with grandparents, we will be cancelling the third person prior to final payment leaving us with two in the cabin.

If Carnival were to move us it almost seems to our benefit to cancel sooner than later (as soon as we are definitely sure) so we have more cabins to choose from... although those that are left are at the extreme ends of the ship in our category. There are still several to choose from when doing a ghost reservation for 3 persons, actually more choices than if doing a reservation for 2 with much better mid-ship locations.

Cotton..... Do you know for sure that is the case? It would be nice to know because I have had people in our groups ask about this and this is the way I have always known it to be... i'm cornfused now :p

:D Hey GC. All I know for sure is that when my two sisters and I planned a cruise a few years ago, one dropped out. We had a specific cabin number we booked for three, and she cancelled prior to final payment. I checked with the PVP, and we didn't have to change.

Also, some friends went on another cruise and had four in the cabin; unfortunately, two backed out. They kept the same cabin they had booked.

So - these are the only two instances that I'm sure about...but I've read others on here. Hey....who knows anymore, with so many changes going on?:rolleyes:

Archived